Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Exhaust smell badly in cabin

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Ford 4 Life

Ford 4 Life

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 3 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Ford Flex SE

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:29 PM

I have an issue with my 2014 Ford Flex. When you accelerate to go onto freeway or pass and revs past 3500 a few seconds later you get this terrible exhaust smell into the cabin. Burns your eyes and get a slight headache after a while driving. I will be seeing the dealer this coming week. Hope there is a resolution for this. Note, less than 500 miles on the clock. Anyone else having this issue.

Edited by Ford 4 Life, 30 June 2014 - 04:58 AM.

#2 OFFLINE   Ford 4 Life

Ford 4 Life

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 3 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Ford Flex SE

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:59 PM

Picked up my Flex today. The dealer was able to verify the exhaust smell in the cabin. The dealer called Ford and this could be a Global issue. Waiting on a fix I was told. The dealer drove another new Flex from the lot to compare and was also able to find the same results as mine did. Paying this much for the Flex and now this. We really love this suv. Now just have to wait and see what fix is going to take place. 

#3 OFFLINE   FordCustomerService

FordCustomerService

New Flex Member

• Official Ford Motor Co
  • 265 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 11 July 2014 - 07:36 AM

Picked up my Flex today. The dealer was able to verify the exhaust smell in the cabin. The dealer called Ford and this could be a Global issue. Waiting on a fix I was told. The dealer drove another new Flex from the lot to compare and was also able to find the same results as mine did. Paying this much for the Flex and now this. We really love this suv. Now just have to wait and see what fix is going to take place. 

Hi there!

I want to see how I can best assist. Please send me a private message with your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan

#4 OFFLINE   Steven boydstun

Steven boydstun

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2011 ford flex sel

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:15 PM

I have a 2011 flex sel 2wd with the same problem. Going in for the third fix this Thursday.bought it with 19000 miles and has 27k on it now and it's getting old taking it in. Kids and wife get headaches driving in the car.

Edited by Steven boydstun, 29 July 2014 - 02:16 PM.

#5 OFFLINE   FordCustomerService

FordCustomerService

New Flex Member

• Official Ford Motor Co
  • 265 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:44 PM

I have a 2011 flex sel 2wd with the same problem. Going in for the third fix this Thursday.bought it with 19000 miles and has 27k on it now and it's getting old taking it in. Kids and wife get headaches driving in the car.

I'll be glad to look into this for you as well. Please send me the requested info above.

Meagan

#6 OFFLINE   Steven boydstun

Steven boydstun

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2011 ford flex sel

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:41 AM

I'll be glad to look into this for you as well. Please send me the requested info above.

Meagan

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·