Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sync Vehicle Health Report and Other Featuers Not Available

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   FirstFlex007

FirstFlex007

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Flex SEL

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:51 AM

I just bought a 2014 Flex SEL three days ago.  I bought it used since it had very low milage and it was in my price range.  As I started to poke around the touch screen and familiarizing myself with the controls, I noticed that a lot of the SYNC features are not available to me; the vehicle health report being one of them.

I went through every possible option to make sure I wasn't looking in the wrong spot before I finally decided to chat with Ford support at syncmyride.com.  The guy that was helping me asked for my VIN and came back a few minutes later and told me that the SYNC options I was looking for are only available in the US and that the VIN I gave him is a Canadian Ford.  

I explained to him that I bought the car used from a dealer in the US and that I live in the US.  I asked him if there was any way to change the settings either in the car or on his end to reflect that the car is now in the US and he said he had no idea and that I should ask the dealer.  

Before I go back to the dealer, I just wanted to make sure it's not something I could do myself.  I updated the SYNC software two days ago and kind of hoped it would either ask if I was in the US or just know (since it gives me my coordinates when I press "Where am I?" even though I don't have navigation) but to no avail.

Does any one here know how I can tell my car I'm in the US?

I feel kind of cheated that I don't get the full benefit of the SYNC system.   :cry:

#2 OFFLINE   robertlane

robertlane

Flex Fan

• Pip
  • 199 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:Shelby Mustang

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:40 AM

You ought to PM one of the Ford Reps here on the forum.  Login and click the link below for a direct PM link:

http://fordflexforum...omMemberID=3298

They are an excellent resource here!  :wub:

#3 OFFLINE   FordIVTteam

FordIVTteam

New Flex Member

• Official Ford Motor Co
  • 11 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Flex

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:32 PM

You ought to PM one of the Ford Reps here on the forum.  Login and click the link below for a direct PM link:

http://fordflexforum...omMemberID=3298

They are an excellent resource here!  :wub:

Thanks for the mention, robertlane. 

Pick me, FirstFlex007! :) I'm happy to take a closer look. Just send me a PM with your full name, VIN, and mobile phone number that is currently connected to SYNC. 

Kim

#4 OFFLINE   SLDNX

SLDNX

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 7 posts
  • Region:Canada Quebec
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Flex 2010 Black/black

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:33 AM

Hi so finally did you Flex get the full system operational?

#5 OFFLINE   FirstFlex007

FirstFlex007

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:44 AM

Hi so finally did you Flex get the full system operational?

Unfortunately, no.  There's nothing that can be done to get it fully operational.  Lesson learned.  Next time we buy a car, we're pushing every button twice and make sure that everything works BEFORE we buy the car.  They offered a full refund but my wife and I decided to keep it.

Honestly, if the dealership had disclosed everything, we still would have bought the car.  Really, it would have been just one sentence... "Look, this car is Canadian so SYNC Services won't work but everything else on the car works just fine."

• SLDNX likes this

#6 OFFLINE   SLDNX

SLDNX

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:56 AM

Unfortunately, no.  There's nothing that can be done to get it fully operational.  Lesson learned.  Next time we buy a car, we're pushing every button twice and make sure that everything works BEFORE we buy the car.  They offered a full refund but my wife and I decided to keep it.

Honestly, if the dealership had disclosed everything, we still would have bought the car.  Really, it would have been just one sentence... "Look, this car is Canadian so SYNC Services won't work but everything else on the car works just fine."

Hoo that's bad for the sync but anyway its a good and nice car to enjoy.i agreed that the dealer should tell you about it.. if it was me I would take the refund and buy an us one :p just to make them work and remember it lol

#7 OFFLINE   SLDNX

SLDNX

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:40 AM

Hoo that's bad for the sync but anyway its a good and nice car to enjoy.i agreed that the dealer should tell you about it.. if it was me I would take the refund and buy an us one :p just to make them work and remember it lol

#8 OFFLINE   FirstFlex007

FirstFlex007

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:13 AM

The US one was $10,000 more D:

#9 OFFLINE   SLDNX

SLDNX

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:04 PM

Lol...

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·