Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

09 AWD Transmission issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   newact1

newact1

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 2 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Flex Limited

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:37 AM

Hi all, having slight issues with my A/T in the cold climate.  Something the dealer will have a hard time diagnosing as it happens so randomly.  During cold mornings such as today -10C (14F) the transmission felt like it slipped.  I approached a stop sign, didn't completely stop and then turned right. The transmission felt as though it was in neutral and then kicked into gear.  This happened last winter as well where I would roll to almost a stop, then accelerate and have no power until the transmission found its gear.  Even when its a short complete stop and then start again it tends to happen.  I've driven this way my entire life with no issue.  Is this typical of the tranny on this car? I wouldn't think so.... the car has been maintained with regular service intervals at Ford.  

Thanks in advance for any advice!

#2 OFFLINE   kmiller

kmiller

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 15 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Ford Flex

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:08 AM

I had similar issues but was not weather related. Ended up needing a new transmission range sensor

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·