Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

2010 SEL replacement radio.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Daniel Humbert

Daniel Humbert

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Facebook
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:08 PM

Hi guys, 
Brand new to the forums and to the flex world. I just bought a 2010 SEL AWD leather etc. It has an aftermarket audiovox roof DVD player and factory head unit with sync. I would like to replace the entire head unit. I want to keep sync and keep the warnings, climate, temp etc. in the head unit. I know this is not going to be cheap. I am capable of doing all the work myself but I do not know what I need to purchase to keep everything just add nav backup came dvd and android compatibility to the flex. It does have the sony system built in (10 or 12 speaker?) it sound wonderful for a factory system and I am not looking for skull thumping bass or anything like that. Just want to add some options to what is already there. Also the audiovox system has a aux in so I can run the dvd out to the aux in so that kids could watch on the rear monitor. I would like also to add headrest to the 2nd row seats so that extra passengers could watch something as well (but that is very low priority). I have read about kenwood and the mastero system. Is there any other options that work with sync and the climate controls dash warnings etc. Anyone out there with the kenwood care to chime in and comment on how well it works? Also any way to get Gen1 sync past software version 3.1?

Edit: I know it's the wrong place but, what do I need to do for HID? Does the flex just require better bulbs or a full HID conversion?

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·