Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Over sensitive TC. Scary!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Kenzo

Kenzo

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 2 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Flex SEL AWD

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:51 PM

I was turning left out of a parking lot slowly accelerating and nose of the car dived and was grinding and I couldn't move! Luckily there were no cars coming. So checked for lights on the dash and gear selector because I thought transmission. At that time I had let off the gas and tried again with same results but I noticed the traction control was Flashing? There was no snow or ice and was driving slower than my wife! And that's slow. I was able to pull into another parking lot. Shut it down and drove off fine. After researching this it seems common on this car. I read that you should mention (ISM 10-08-001) here's the the thing my Flex is 6 000km over warranty. I called Ford to see if they could do anything for me and they said they had no idea what ISM even is. I looked for abs control modual online and cain't find one for the 09. There must be a problem with the 09 module to change it after on year? Maybe it's the same I don't know. I was thought maybe they would cover the cost or a least discount the part. The cheapest one was on online for 200$ but only for 2010 to 2013. My family all drive Fords. Would it be worth bringing it state side to get it fixed or buy the part? Will the 2010 modual work? BTW I'm in Canada but live on the border. I need help I don't like the idea of my wife and kids driving in this thing.

#2 OFFLINE   Midnight Rider

Midnight Rider

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 68 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Flex

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:58 AM

Try a search in this forum for the issue. I seem to recall others having the problem, and a firmware update cured it. 

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·