Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

FLEX JUST QUIT

Engine problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Brian_bmc

Brian_bmc

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 2 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Flex Ecoboost LTD

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:48 AM

I have a 2010 Flex limited AWD Ecoboost, i bought new in December 2010.  Currently has 89,000 km.  We have loved the car from the start, but yesterday it just quit.  1 km from home, it started running rough, spewed out some black smoke from the exhaust, and quit.  Wife was driving, got off the highway and called me.  Engine service light was flashing.  When i arrived 20 minutes later, the vehicle would not restart.  vehicle has been towed to the dealer, waiting (nervously)!

#2 OFFLINE   robertlane

robertlane

Flex Fan

• Pip
  • 199 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:Shelby Mustang

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:24 PM

I have a 2010 Flex limited AWD Ecoboost, i bought new in December 2010.  Currently has 89,000 km.  We have loved the car from the start, but yesterday it just quit.  1 km from home, it started running rough, spewed out some black smoke from the exhaust, and quit.  Wife was driving, got off the highway and called me.  Engine service light was flashing.  When i arrived 20 minutes later, the vehicle would not restart.  vehicle has been towed to the dealer, waiting (nervously)!

Any news about your Flex yet?

#3 OFFLINE   Brian_bmc

Brian_bmc

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 2 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Flex Ecoboost LTD

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:17 PM

apparently it was caused by a defective fuel injector that would not shut off fuel.  still haven't got it back after 4 days (weekend).  More to follow

#4 OFFLINE   kmiller

kmiller

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 15 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Ford Flex

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:06 AM

What was your end result? I have a 2010 flex ecoboost. Replacing second fuel injector today. This car has had 7 major repairs in 4 years. I had 2 cracked spark plugs, and a bad transmission range sensor also. Air bag problem also. Love the car when it is actually working. Low miles too. Shouldn't have this many issues

#5 OFFLINE   robertlane

robertlane

Flex Fan

• Pip
  • 199 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:Shelby Mustang

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:15 AM

What was your end result? I have a 2010 flex ecoboost. Replacing second fuel injector today. This car has had 7 major repairs in 4 years. I had 2 cracked spark plugs, and a bad transmission range sensor also. Air bag problem also. Love the car when it is actually working. Low miles too. Shouldn't have this many issues

What were the 7-major repairs?

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·