Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * - - 1 votes

Computer or Engine Control gone crazy!

Computer Controler Electronic Dash lights all on.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Robert Young

Robert Young

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 2 posts
  • Region:Canada Atlantic Provinces
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Flex

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:42 PM

This is the second time in two years. Driving along in normal traffic and all of a sudden, all the dash warning lights come on, the gauges all drop to zero, the lovely Ford warning chime sounds...but the car drives normally. the lights, signals, radio and heater are all still working fine. The Flex drives and handles fine. then for no apparent reason a few minutes later, all the warning lights turn off the gauges return to appropriate levels, just as if nothing happened. Then a few minutes later "da-boing" it happens all over again. The only problem is that if you turn off the engine during one of these episodes then the it won't start. This evening I got home making sure that the warning lights were all off ( ie. the dash and gauges all normal) went out about an hour later and NO Start!. All the dash warning lights were on as soon as I turned the key. the day time running lights came on but the computer was showing ____km to E, I have tried disconnecting the Neg battery terminal, waiting and multiple attempts to stat...all the same result. Not a gig!

a year ago the same thing was happening after a couple of visits to the Dealer, replacement of the computer and a couple of other things( $24,000 parts and labor) with unchanged situation the dealer finally  stated spraying everything with "electronic contact cleaner" he problem went away.... Now it is back.

Any Ford Electronic wizards out there?

#2 OFFLINE   robertlane

robertlane

Flex Fan

• Pip
  • 199 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:Shelby Mustang

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:41 PM

Robert - check with FlatRateTech.com - they have a lot of certified Ford techs on there that can certainly help.

When you get an answer, come back at let us know the solution.

http://www.FlatRateTech.com

#3 OFFLINE   Robert Young

Robert Young

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 2 posts
  • Region:Canada Atlantic Provinces
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Flex

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:22 PM

So far today the dealer service manager, says 'YOU NEED A NEW BATTERY"

I bet that won't solve it.

...but I was impressed that they were able to look at it without a week long wait.

#4 OFFLINE   FordServiceCA

FordServiceCA

New Flex Member

• Official Ford Motor Co
  • 4 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Flex

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:23 PM

This is the second time in two years. Driving along in normal traffic and all of a sudden, all the dash warning lights come on, the gauges all drop to zero, the lovely Ford warning chime sounds...but the car drives normally. the lights, signals, radio and heater are all still working fine. The Flex drives and handles fine. then for no apparent reason a few minutes later, all the warning lights turn off the gauges return to appropriate levels, just as if nothing happened. Then a few minutes later "da-boing" it happens all over again. The only problem is that if you turn off the engine during one of these episodes then the it won't start. This evening I got home making sure that the warning lights were all off ( ie. the dash and gauges all normal) went out about an hour later and NO Start!. All the dash warning lights were on as soon as I turned the key. the day time running lights came on but the computer was showing ____km to E, I have tried disconnecting the Neg battery terminal, waiting and multiple attempts to stat...all the same result. Not a gig!

a year ago the same thing was happening after a couple of visits to the Dealer, replacement of the computer and a couple of other things( $24,000 parts and labor) with unchanged situation the dealer finally  stated spraying everything with "electronic contact cleaner" he problem went away.... Now it is back.

Any Ford Electronic wizards out there?

Hi Robert,

What's the update on the vehicle since the dealer diagnose the battery concern? Fill me in on the situation and I'll see what I can do. :)

Bianca

#5 OFFLINE   manickel

manickel

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Flex

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:58 AM

Robert

Can you provide an update?  I had these exact issues and began a multi-year odyssey that's now in Court and about to be featured in media.  These problems persisted then grew to things like the car running without the key and things of this nature.  The car was kept at two dealers for well over a year where the dealers worked with Ford before throwing up their hands and leaving me with a non-working vehicle.  I'd be curious to see if they ever came up with a solution

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·