Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Hankook mileage warranty????

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   fordman

fordman

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 01:14 PM

I just took the Flex in for an oil change/tire rotation at my friendly Ford dealer with 8k miles on the odometer and my front tires are down to 6/32s compared to 9/32s on the rear. How long are these things supposed to last? I doubt I'll get much more than 30k. That's ridiculous for a tire that cost $180 apiece!

#2 OFFLINE   jgira12

jgira12

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:12 PM

I just took the Flex in for an oil change/tire rotation at my friendly Ford dealer with 8k miles on the odometer and my front tires are down to 6/32s compared to 9/32s on the rear. How long are these things supposed to last? I doubt I'll get much more than 30k. That's ridiculous for a tire that cost $180 apiece!

If the wear is even then you are getting the best you can get out of the tires based on the compound used...sounds like they are a soft compound, usually for low noise, but wear suffers as a result. harder rubber wears way better, but gives a harsher ride and is noisier. Go to the Tirerack website and look up the specs for your tire, then read the reviews. Tirerack probably has that tire listed under Ford Flex as a factory tire. You will find in the reviews by others that they may have found the same condition. Best of luck!

Edited by jgira12, 05 January 2009 - 07:13 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   Flex able

Flex able

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 11:51 AM

Good luck is right- I had a Mazda CX-7 that went through a set of Bridgestone performance tires in 20000 miles. Imagine my surprise when the service manager presented me an estimate of $1050 to replace them! I had to shop alot to find a deal at $700. They don't tell you this stuff up front. I do have to say the tires were great while they lasted.

#4 OFFLINE   Mr. Sparky

Mr. Sparky

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 10:38 AM

I've never had set of OEM tires make it past 35K. The tires on my 96 Mark VIII lasted 20k!

#5 OFFLINE   Tennessee Flexin'

Tennessee Flexin'

Flexappeal

• Ford Flex Members
  • 32 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2009 LTD and 2017 SEL

Posted 16 November 2009 - 02:31 PM

I am already down to 7/32 on the rear and 5/32 on the front after 8k miles. I doubt they will make it to 12k miles. Any suggestions on a replacement tire?

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·