Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Overheating

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Satweed

Satweed

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Ford Flex

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:03 PM

I have a 2009 Flex with almost 100k miles. It has started blowing hot air and overheating when idling. It sounds like this is a common problem. Should I contact Ford to see if they might offer a solution, or is this something that my husband could fix much more cheaply? After hearing about others having their Flexes stop in traffic, I am a bit worried about my safety.

Thanks!
Sarah

#2 OFFLINE   FordCustomerService

FordCustomerService

New Flex Member

• Official Ford Motor Co
  • 265 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:58 AM

Hi Satweed,

I can offer a few different solutions to you. First, I can look into this and escalate it to your customer service manager provided that you have it diagnosed at the dealer first. And second, if you and your husband would rather take a DIY approach, I would suggest heading to http://www.fordparts.com/ to look for what you need. Your dealer will be able to let you know what part(s) is/are needed for this and most come with a warranty on this site. Let me know!

Meagan

#3 OFFLINE   Satweed

Satweed

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:06 AM

Hi Meagan,

I just talked to my Ford dealership and they confirmed that there is no recall for this issue, and recommended that I bring it in for a diagnosis.  I was hoping that since it seems like a common problem, that Ford might be offering a solution.

Thanks so much for your help and I will definitely be in touch after we get the car in to the dealership.  It sounds like it might be a pricey fix, so we may go the DIY route, but I will keep you posted.

Thanks again,

Sarah 

#4 OFFLINE   FordCustomerService

FordCustomerService

New Flex Member

• Official Ford Motor Co
  • 265 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:46 AM

Thanks for letting me know, I’ll keep an eye out for your message.

Meagan

#5 OFFLINE   pthomps1

pthomps1

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:34 AM

76k miles - same problem.  Got a feeling it's going to be expensive!

#6 OFFLINE   Floridianman

Floridianman

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 19 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 limited

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:22 PM

Let me know what the problem and solution. I have purchased the premium care warranty for my flex for problems like this I am good for 7years 100,000 miles

#7 OFFLINE   69cat

69cat

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 8 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • Current Vehicle:2009 ford flex

Posted 07 September 2015 - 08:06 AM

Satweed did you ever get your flex issue taken care of by ford? Just wondering I've have the same issues 9/30/2015  

#8 OFFLINE   cwinther

cwinther

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Ford Flex Limited AWD

Posted 04 April 2016 - 06:05 AM

I own a 2009 Ford Flex Limited that I have had since new. I've found your forum recently because I have had no issues until this last year. Seems I am having some of the same problems suddenly as a few others, mine just seem to be all at once.  Cooling fans stopped working about 4 months ago, I would guess, didn't notice because weather was cold and car didn't overheat. Seems that the first thing i should try is the A/C cut-off valve, has this worked for others? Also, washer fluid is not pumping, assuming a bad pump, since fuses for wiper/washer are good..wipers work fine. Finally the worst, the intermittent surge/lack of acceleration and shuttering. This item seems to be the most troublesome to figure out. has anyone had any success in fixing this problem without the use of a mechanic?

Thanks,

Chris 

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·