Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Smartgauge Cluster, and Electric flip seat

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tsewmac

tsewmac

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Flex SEL

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:26 PM

Hi Everyone out there, I'm about to purchase my first Flex and it's a 2013 SEL. My wife and I haven't had a car with such modern tech before so she is concerned about the smartgauge cluster and it's reliability. Has anyone heard of any reliability or quality concerns with these screens? Also when we test drove the car, we used the button on the door to flip up the second row seat and it moved quicker and I don't know, more aggressively than I thought it would. Does that sound familiar to anyone else?

Thanks in advance for your help, and I'm very excited to be a fellow Flex owner!

#2 OFFLINE   afh3

afh3

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Flex

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:52 PM

Can't speak to the reliability of the instrument-pod display - as my Flex is only about 6-weeks old. Regarding the power flip-fold second-row seat, I can only offer the comparison to my previous car - a 2008 Taurus X. I was similarly shocked the first time I pushed that button in my 2013 Flex. The operation of the seat is significantly more "vigorous" that it was in the Taurus X.

I have the rear DVD headrests, and if the front-seats are moved back too far, the headrest on the second-row seat will strike the LCD-panel really hard when operating the second-row flip feature.

Edited by afh3, 18 May 2013 - 09:53 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   FordCustomerService

FordCustomerService

New Flex Member

• Official Ford Motor Co
  • 265 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:02 PM

Hi Everyone out there, I'm about to purchase my first Flex and it's a 2013 SEL. My wife and I haven't had a car with such modern tech before so she is concerned about the smartgauge cluster and it's reliability. Has anyone heard of any reliability or quality concerns with these screens? Also when we test drove the car, we used the button on the door to flip up the second row seat and it moved quicker and I don't know, more aggressively than I thought it would. Does that sound familiar to anyone else?

Thanks in advance for your help, and I'm very excited to be a fellow Flex owner!

Hi tsewmac!

Congratulations on your decision to bring home a new Flex! If you're concerned about all the fun tech included in the vehicle, I recommend spending a few minutes talking to the service manager at your local dealership. They see these vehicles day-in and day-out; they'll be in the best position to address your questions. Let us know when you decide to bring home your new ride! :)

Crystal

#4 OFFLINE   ACDII

ACDII

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:11 AM

LCD panels have been in use for quite some time now and rarely do you see where one has gone out, and believe me, if one does, the owner will complain due to the replacement cost.  Out of all the forums I have been on, only one panel has gone out, and that was on a 2010 Fusion Hybrid.  As for the flip fold seat, yep, they are quick, and more so than the 2010 SEL I had. Suicide seats is what my wife calls it.  I just think the spring has been made stronger since the older one. I read complaints about how the seat wouldnt fold and had issues in the second row on previous years, so maybe this is why it folds faster now.  As long as the area in front of the seat is clear you shouldnt have any worries, just keep one thing in mind, reaching back behind to the 3rd row with the seat up, there is a chance you can press the button with your body and have it fold, so just be watchful of what you are doing so no one gets hurt or something gets damaged(been there, done that). 

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·