Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

AirRunner air suspension kit - CFM Customs

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cfmcustoms

cfmcustoms

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:56 PM

Wanted to post this up and thank all the crew over at ACC USA for hooking us up here at CFM Customs with the first Ford Flex complete packaged AirRunner kit. Over the next week we will be installing this kit on the CFM Customs Ford Flex project and giving you all the 411 on the install. For those of you who don’t know about AirRunner they are a Japanese company who provide high end air suspension kits for Luxury Import vehicles and over the last year or so been doing Domestic vehicles like the 2005-2008 Ford Mustang and Dodge, GMC cars. I have used the AirRunner kit on my own car and love it and recommend it to anyone who is seriously looking for a complete ready to install kit.

I also must give a shout out to Dakota Digital for their very cool Automatic Digital Ride Height Controller and remote control systems. This control system to me is the best and user friendly ride height control system. Dakota Digital quality speaks for itself in the Hot Rod community.

So check back for the updates on the install

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by cfmcustoms, 02 December 2008 - 03:05 PM.

#2 OFFLINE   cfmcustoms

cfmcustoms

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:51 PM

Just a quick post of some pics with the kit installed still have some dress up cover to go over the tank and valves in the cargo area and some other body modifications etc... I will post up more info and pics of the install as soon as I can

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   cfmcustoms

cfmcustoms

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 04:08 PM

Wow time is flying by had a blast at the Fabulous Ford Show in SoCal and looking forward to this summers events also more upgrades to the Flex… ; ]

Here are some studio shots of the CFM Flex Project

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   TweenerLJ

TweenerLJ

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 04:14 AM

Have any pictures with the suspension at ride height?

#5 OFFLINE   cfmcustoms

cfmcustoms

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 12:24 PM

Have any pictures with the suspension at ride height?

That is the nice thing about the dakota digital controller it has HigH Medium Low and a "Ignition on" ride hieght. The pic below is the ride height I had on Eibach's and this is the same height settings I used when adding the air runner system and for alignment.

Also when we did the alignment my Ford Tech was amazed how dead on the alignment was for an aftermarket air suspension setup :D no corrections were needed. That is how good Air Runner is! It may cost a little more than a "universal" piece together systems but you get what you pay for ;)

Posted Image

#6 OFFLINE   TweenerLJ

TweenerLJ

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 12:15 PM

Nice! The tilt on the rear wheels with the bags dumped bothers me for some reason.

#7 OFFLINE   rmc523

rmc523

Ford Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 06:13 PM

Nice! The tilt on the rear wheels with the bags dumped bothers me for some reason.

You're not the only one...

#8 OFFLINE   kiwee

kiwee

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 02:52 AM

guys, if you are running an air suspension kit, when lowered, the wheels must angle and tuck. from my understanding, the pivot is a one point pivot, therefore, the wheel rotates vs. lower.
i really love this kit.

btw, here is some tucking fun on air ride for you!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 OFFLINE   TweenerLJ

TweenerLJ

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 03:14 AM

guys, if you are running an air suspension kit, when lowered, the wheels must angle and tuck. from my understanding, the pivot is a one point pivot, therefore, the wheel rotates vs. lower.
i really love this kit.

btw, here is some tucking fun on air ride for you!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I understand that the suspension geometry causes this when dumped, my preference would be to not dump the air to the level that would make this effect noticible. I guess being around 4x4's, I don't mind stepping up into a vehicle.

#10 OFFLINE   kiwee

kiwee

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 03:30 AM

^^^^^^^ i understand.
air ride is not for everyone. to me, it is pretty bad ass to pull into a parking spot at ride height, hit a swtich and drop the body for some tucking. to boot, the wheels tucking into the wheel wells is safer, i would hate the wheel to kiss the fender *shudder*

#11 OFFLINE   cfmcustoms

cfmcustoms

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:42 AM

This is my other work I did on one of my other show cars “bippu” style The Flex I wanted to do the USDM equivalent VIP theme just not as over the top as I did on my Scion. I still have some work to go on the Flex ;) and the last pic is the concept I chopped up using ideas from the Scion….

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 OFFLINE   cfmcustoms

cfmcustoms

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 04:06 PM

Posting up more pics to answer some of the email questions I have been getting ;) and I will try and post up a video clip of it in action with some installation coverage.

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·