Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Flex gas tank size!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   flexapeel

flexapeel

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 05:43 PM

I've found that the 18.5 gallon gas tank falls short of being were it should be. I drive allot and it seems I'm filling up every 3 or 4 days. And when your "ZERO MILES TO EMPTY" light comes, you better believe it! I drove maybe 5 miles after that came up on the way to the nearest gas station and the damn motor died. No ones fault but my own but Heads up to those who wait until the last minute to fill up as I use to do. Phil from Detroit!

#2 OFFLINE   rmc523

rmc523

Ford Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 12:05 PM

I've found that the 18.5 gallon gas tank falls short of being were it should be. I drive allot and it seems I'm filling up every 3 or 4 days. And when your "ZERO MILES TO EMPTY" light comes, you better believe it! I drove maybe 5 miles after that came up on the way to the nearest gas station and the damn motor died. No ones fault but my own but Heads up to those who wait until the last minute to fill up as I use to do. Phil from Detroit!

Hmm, I guess I didn't realize that was the fuel tank size....that's why the gauge goes more quickly than other cars I've driven, even if it gets better FE.

#3 OFFLINE   jgira12

jgira12

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 05:54 PM

I hear ya...I miss my Freestar and it's 26 gallon tank. I used to get over 550 miles per tankful on that beast. But I did get 25 mpg on this trip to Florida, so I am not complaining.

#4 OFFLINE   rmc523

rmc523

Ford Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:24 PM

I hear ya...I miss my Freestar and it's 26 gallon tank. I used to get over 550 miles per tankful on that beast. But I did get 25 mpg on this trip to Florida, so I am not complaining.

I have to fill my car up at least once a week....I travel at least 40 miles a day, most days more than that.

#5 OFFLINE   MDGT

MDGT

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:42 AM

We were lucky to get 14mpg out of our 2005 Freestar 4.2L, granted it was around town but it sucked! haha We get about 18 with the Flex and it's not really broken in yet, only 2200 miles.

#6 OFFLINE   Mr. Flex

Mr. Flex

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 11:52 AM

I drive around 80-100+ miles a day and i am finding that i have to fill up every 3 or 4 days. The gas tank size is way too small. Ford forgot that this is a family vehicle made for cross country trips, lol.

#7 OFFLINE   rmc523

rmc523

Ford Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 09:21 PM

I drive around 80-100+ miles a day and i am finding that i have to fill up every 3 or 4 days. The gas tank size is way too small. Ford forgot that this is a family vehicle made for cross country trips, lol.

Yeah, I travel at least 40+ miles a day most days, and have to fill up relatively often....speaking of which, I wonder how much fuel I have now?

That's one of the few things I don't like....it could use a slightly bigger fuel tank.

#8 OFFLINE   dmorneau

dmorneau

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 03:11 PM

Hello Guys.... Where would they put a larger tank????? That is why there is so much room in the vehicle. You wouldn't be able to fold the rear seats in if the tank was made bigger. I can remember my in-laws 76 Ford Country Squire that only had 18 U.S. gallon tank in it because of the third row folding seats. Had to stop for gas 15 times from Detroit to the Florida border. That 460 really eat up the fuel.

2009 FLEX LIMITED AWD
WHITE PLATINUM TRI-COAT
WINDSOR ON. CAN.

Edited by dmorneau, 28 April 2009 - 03:12 PM.

#9 OFFLINE   rmc523

rmc523

Ford Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 06:12 PM

Hello Guys.... Where would they put a larger tank????? That is why there is so much room in the vehicle. You wouldn't be able to fold the rear seats in if the tank was made bigger. I can remember my in-laws 76 Ford Country Squire that only had 18 U.S. gallon tank in it because of the third row folding seats. Had to stop for gas 15 times from Detroit to the Florida border. That 460 really eat up the fuel.

2009 FLEX LIMITED AWD
WHITE PLATINUM TRI-COAT
WINDSOR ON. CAN.

I dunno where they'd fit it, but it'd be nice to have a bit bigger tank.

#10 OFFLINE   lambdapro

lambdapro

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 08:16 PM

I'm with dmorneau. I don't want to give up any room anywhere to get another gallon or two. I am getting 400 miles per tank with boats on the roof. On a road trip, I should go four hours until down to a quarter tank. That is plenty of range.

#11 OFFLINE   Mr_Dove

Mr_Dove

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 08:08 PM

I'm coming from a car with a 12 gallon tank so the flex is awesome!

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·