Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Proud owner of a 2013 Flex Limited!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Resstation

Resstation

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Flex Limited

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:46 AM

I had a Honda CRV that was 8 months from lease end so I thought I'd start researching vehicles to be sure I made a good decision when the time came. I have never owned a Ford but liked the way the Explorers looked on the road. I drove into the dealership on Friday morning and fell head over heels in love with the Flex Limited on the showroom floor. At nearly $48K, I was certain there was no way it was in my price range but FIVE HOURS later I drove out of the dealership with the most beautiful car I've ever driven! Ruby Red, white top, LOVE it! Can't wait to figure out all the bells and whistles!

Oh, I was reading the manual and read a passage referring to the "key holder" but I can't find it and it is not referenced again in the manual. Is there a place to put the key that I am not seeing? 

• robertlane and ACDII like this

#2 OFFLINE   ACDII

ACDII

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 328 posts
  • Region:Decline

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:26 AM

Hi, Congrats on the new Flex. RR is a fantastic color.  The key holder being referred to is for the intelligent access key. It is located in the center console and the drivers side towards the rear. The key fits in one way and is there in case the battery dies in the key so that you can still start the car. There is a chip reader there that can sense the key when the battery is dead.  The rest of the time, just keep it in your pocket or purse. 

#3 OFFLINE   robertlane

robertlane

Flex Fan

• Pip
  • 199 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:Shelby Mustang

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:54 PM

I had a Honda CRV that was 8 months from lease end so I thought I'd start researching vehicles to be sure I made a good decision when the time came. I have never owned a Ford but liked the way the Explorers looked on the road. I drove into the dealership on Friday morning and fell head over heels in love with the Flex Limited on the showroom floor. At nearly $48K, I was certain there was no way it was in my price range but FIVE HOURS later I drove out of the dealership with the most beautiful car I've ever driven! Ruby Red, white top, LOVE it! Can't wait to figure out all the bells and whistles!

Oh, I was reading the manual and read a passage referring to the "key holder" but I can't find it and it is not referenced again in the manual. Is there a place to put the key that I am not seeing? 

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum and the Ford community.  Post up some photos of your Flex!  

Heading back to Florida (my home state) in May for a few weeks.  :happy feet:

Edited by robertlane, 30 April 2013 - 05:55 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   FordCustomerService

FordCustomerService

New Flex Member

• Official Ford Motor Co
  • 265 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:24 AM

Congratulations on your new Flex, Resstation! It looks like ACDII already answered your question, but for future reference, I recommend downloading a digital copy of your Owner's Manual so that searching for content is a little easier. You can get a free copy of your Owner's Manual here: https://owner.ford.c.../OwnerGuidePage

Hi, Congrats on the new Flex. RR is a fantastic color.  The key holder being referred to is for the intelligent access key. It is located in the center console and the drivers side towards the rear. The key fits in one way and is there in case the battery dies in the key so that you can still start the car. There is a chip reader there that can sense the key when the battery is dead.  The rest of the time, just keep it in your pocket or purse. 

Thanks for helping out, ACDII!

Crystal

#5 OFFLINE   ACDII

ACDII

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:37 PM

Very Welcome :)  Anything to help a fellow Ford owner!

#6 OFFLINE   gterry

gterry

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 7 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2012 soul and 2003 modded tiburon

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:35 PM

welcome to the fourm. I also just got my 2013 flex SEL the limited was a little to pricy for me

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·