Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2011 EB Bucks, Stumbles, Jerks, Power Loss, Bad MPG

transmission ecoboost bucks stumbles shakes bad mpg power loss complaint

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   WhiteFlexEB

WhiteFlexEB

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 3 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Flex Ecoboost

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:55 AM

The following posting was copied from another Ford Flex problem thread.  It is shared so that you know that you are not alone with these problems:  Background to follow

7500 miles - first noticed the car feeling like it had a miss at normal highway speed.  This continued so I brought it to Miracle Ford, Gallatin TN, Service Manager said "what do you expect, it is a turbo" and would not even check it out.  Next, took it to Bankston Ford (AutoNation) Frisco,TX and described the driveability problem, they rebuilt the transmission.  Improved for a couple of days, then same as before.  Called FORD and they asked me to take it to Crown Ford, Nashville, TN and they said "no code no problem".  Tried to ignore it for months and finally took a 700 mile trip with everyone in the car complaining.  Called FORD again.  This time they said to carry it to TWO RIVERS Ford Mt. Juliet TN and they said "no code no problem".  Complained online and a Ford CSR contacted me and facilitated a meeting again at TWO RIVERS Ford Mt. Juliet, TN.  She also asked me if anyone had ever ridden with me in the car -NO!  She made the technician at TWO RIVERS Ford ride with me and he said he "felt something but it was not serious", end of topic!  No one ever called me to followup or to see if the problem was fixed.  NO CODE - NO PROBLEM!

UPDATE .. 2011 Ford Flex Ecoboost now at 27,000 miles - problem started at 7,500 miles

The process of problem resolution is broken. The customer is NOT RIGHT within FORD service. Anyone reading my previous posts will know that Crystal elevated my complaint and I was contacted by a regional customer service employee. Good start, but the process is so faulted that here I stand, broken car in hand, and no one at FORD cares enough to follow up with me or ask if they fixed the problem.

I gave the car to my local Ford Dealer with the CS person facilitating the meeting. The outcome is "no problem found", with the technician stating that he 'noticed something, but it was not serious'. He says that it is 'not serious' because it does not generate a 'code'. When did we get to the point that a computer code overrides a customer complaint?

The problem is serious enough to generate comments from everyone that has ridden in the car for the past eighteen months to ask "is this car missing?" and for my 88 year old mother to ask "what is wrong with this car?" Ford says nothing is wrong with this car, you just expect too much since your last car was an Acura.

The fuel economy of my car is still down, but I have found a way to lessen the effects of the problem - NEVER ALLOW THE CAR TO SHIFT ITSELF. I have been driving the car with the paddle shifters for about a month now and have eliminated the shutter and bumpity bump that existed for nearly two years. I NEVER go to 6th gear under 60 mph, which means that it is rarely ever in 6th gear due to the terrain and traffic of the local area.

Now for anyone that might think that I do not know what I am experiencing, then let me give you some background.

1.)My first new Ford was purchased in 1967. I am a Ford guy!

2.)I know turbos. My first was from Ford's SVO group in 1985 and I have had many from various car companies since then. This is not a turbo problem.

3.)I am an engineer and extremely particular, but I am not dreaming this problem up. Everyone notices the problem and everyone that rides in the car complains about it.

4.)I went through 4 dealer service groups in two states, over a period of 18 months, before anyone from any service department rode with me so that I could demonstrate the problem. This finally happened when I complained to the Ford CS person that no one had asked to ride with the complainant, and yet this is a basic tenant of problem resolution!

The only conclusion that can be drawn from my experience is that Ford is not listening to its service customers today. One other time, in my 45 year car experience with Ford, that I had a problem that was not getting resolved at the dealer, that Ford jumped in and solved the problem without hesitation. Ford obviously has isolated itself from the repair process and believes that its Dealer service technicians will resolve everything. I have begged two Service Managers to bring in Ford technical people and they both recoiled to such a degree that I am led to believe that strong disincentives are in place to keep Ford isolated. Probably a lawyer thing due to fear of recalls.

Buyer beware! Ford is not serious about their service problems.
THIS COULD BE YOU, AFTER YOU SPENT YOUR SAVINGS ON A $52,000 FORD FLEX. IF ANYONE REALLY CARED THEN I WOULD NOT BE WRITING THIS COMPLAINT, 18 MONTHS IS TOO LONG

#2 OFFLINE   FordCustomerService

FordCustomerService

New Flex Member

• Official Ford Motor Co
  • 265 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

...The process of problem resolution is broken. The customer is NOT RIGHT within FORD service. Anyone reading my previous posts will know that Crystal elevated my complaint and I was contacted by a regional customer service employee. Good start, but the process is so faulted that here I stand, broken car in hand, and no one at FORD cares enough to follow up with me or ask if they fixed the problem...

Hi WhiteFlexEB,

I want to look into this and schedule a follow-up call from your regional customer service manager. If you have your case number, send that to me via PM with your current mileage. If not, send me all of your details, including VIN, preferred servicing dealership, daytime phone number, and full name.

Thanks!

Crystal

#3 OFFLINE   ACDII

ACDII

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:34 AM

WhiteFlex, Dont give up, Keep at it until it is resolved. When you have a physical problem that can be replicated easily, something is wrong.  I have run into this too, unfortunately though it was on a Fusion Hybrid that got poor Gas mileage, but with "special" driving techniques, was able to get the car within "acceptable" levels, so of course, "no problem found".  Double unfortunate is that my service manager agreed that the car did not get what the sticker stated, and compared to another car, got the same thing on their test drive, however Ford itself said, "no problem found" and basically said, go away, we really dont care that you can get 44 MPG in your 2010 Fusion Hybrid and only 35 in the 2013 Fusion Hybrid, you are driving it wrong. 

If only the car I had exhibited an actual problem like yours does, maybe it would have been fixed. I took a loss on the car trading it off on something else, I no longer had any trust in the car, not after the plugs fouled at 4500 miles with no reasonable explanation given. So I got me a Flex instead and thankfully it has been 100% perfect!  Getting 22 MPG in it, and everything works as it should. 

So, with your case, if you really like the vehicle, keep at them until they find a fix for it.  Hope Crystal can help you out with this too, she tried to help me, but could only do so much. 

#4 OFFLINE   WhiteFlexEB

WhiteFlexEB

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 3 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Flex Ecoboost

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:34 PM

UPDATE.......PROBLEM SOLVED!     I DUMPED THE CAR WHOLESALE AT CARMAX.    No car no problem, just like "no code no problem".

Thank you Crystal for the offer but I did not read your post until today.  I did however get Ford regional customer manager involved, for what its worth, since she was as useful as tits on a boar hog.  The Texas region CS manager was MUCH more helpful but neither CS manager did any followup to any action. 

Thank you also ACDII for encouragement but I had an ample supply internally since I WAS a long time FORD guy.  I actually kept the car for 33 months just hoping that Ford would send me the letter announcing a recall to fix the problem AND to add CODES for the problems so that no other customer would ever experience "no code no problem" type problems.

I still say    Buyer beware!   FORD DOES NOT CARE ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE

Custom Search

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: transmission, ecoboost, bucks, stumbles, shakes, bad mpg, power loss, complaint

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·