Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

2013 MFT issues?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ACDII

ACDII

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 328 posts
  • Region:Decline

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

On the 13 Fusions MFT, there are a lot of glitches and other issues. How is it in the 2013 Flex? May be picking one up tomorrow and was curious how the MFT is and what version it has.

#2 OFFLINE   johnny rocket

johnny rocket

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 38 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Flex Limited EB

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:11 AM

On the 13 Fusions MFT, there are a lot of glitches and other issues. How is it in the 2013 Flex? May be picking one up tomorrow and was curious how the MFT is and what version it has.

Please explain what MFT is.

#3 OFFLINE   ACDII

ACDII

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:06 AM

My Ford Touch. 

#4 OFFLINE   robertlane

robertlane

Flex Fan

• Pip
  • 199 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:Shelby Mustang

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:56 AM

I've used MFT short term and haven't experienced many issues that Consumer Reports deems as poor.  Although, many people on forums are not a big fan of the interface.

#5 OFFLINE   ACDII

ACDII

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:39 AM

Well, now that I have a 13 Flex with MFT, I found it to be trouble free so far, unlike the one that was in the 13 Fusion Hybrid. Not once has it locked, or paused on me.  Keeping fingers crossed on this. 

• robertlane likes this

#6 OFFLINE   Flexramento

Flexramento

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Flex

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:29 PM

I've had it reboot itself once, otherwise it's been flaw free. It does take a litte getting used to, but over-all I'm happy with it, and getting more pleased as I learn the ins and outs of it. I've also done the update myself. It was a piece of cake.

#7 OFFLINE   afh3

afh3

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Flex

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:59 PM

Mine (2013 Flex Limited with MFT) has been working well, so far. From reading the posts on Ford's syncmyride.com forum, you'd think the system was responsible for death, taxes and frequent visits from unwelcome guests. Right now, at 3.5.1, the only issue I can point to is the fact that the "text-to-speech" ringer on the phone and text-message alert does not work - it simply plays one of the other alert-chimes instead of reading the caller-id of the incoming call.

Apparently this worked in a previous versions of SYNC, and no longer does at 3.5.1.

Otherwise, the NAV is spot-on, voice-commands remarkably accurate, phone and text functions do precisely what the manual says it will do (minus the aforementioned ringer issue), Bluetooth audio has meta-data support, and my 64GB USB thumbdrive can source ~500 albums (all of which can be called upon to play with simple statements to the SYNC system) - and I'm pretty darn picky about details and things that don't work as as-advertised. Being able to adjust the temperature on the climate-system using voice-commands is not really something I can't live without but - hey - even that works.

Nothing is ever 100%, but I'd say I'm 99% satisfied with the system.

Edited by afh3, 07 June 2013 - 04:03 PM.

#8 OFFLINE   Trevor

Trevor

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Flex EB

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:38 PM

We picked up our 303A 13' Limited a few weeks ago and we just got back from a 2300 mile road trip. Been using everything the MFT has to offer in just about every way (except for voice commands).  With the latest firmware we've seen 4 hiccups so far:

- Right side of dash display randomly locked up while on the Entertainment screen - was playing 320kbps MP3's off of a 32GB USB drive  

-- Cycled audio system power - Good to go

- Nav distance & time to destination block quit updating while navigating (it just stuck at X miles / X Hr XX Min)

-- Forced the system to recalculate directions to the destination - Good to go

- Cranked up the car, backed out of a parking spot (using rear cam), put it into drive and and the center display blacked out and didn't return

-- Shut the car down for 10 seconds, restarted,  no dice...shut it down again and this time physically got out and locked the doors for 20 seconds. Cranked it back up and the center display went to the progress bar "SYNC - performing routine maintenance" and all was well after it rebooted and reindexed the MP3's on the USB drive.

- And the most minor thing - It's forgotten what MP3 I was listening to on restart about 7-8 times so far...defaulting back to one of 2 songs from two different albums (no rhyme or reason to which one of the pair)

Sounds like a lot but like I said...been using the system to its utmost and it's obviously a complicated beast. The engineers still have some work to do but I'm not upset. Love the truck and would buy it again.

#9 OFFLINE   ACDII

ACDII

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:41 AM

- And the most minor thing - It's forgotten what MP3 I was listening to on restart about 7-8 times so far...defaulting back to one of 2 songs from two different albums (no rhyme or reason to which one of the pair)

Mine has done that a few times too, but only off the USB drive, never the IPhone when its connected via USB. 

So far no issues in the Flex, but the 2013 Fusion, I got a new one last week, occasionally skips during playback, as if it lost its place. It only does it on a couple songs, so it may be the bitrate on the track being played. Other than that, the 3.5.1 has been a huge improvement over the last version that was in the first 2013 Fusion I had.  Other than that, the new Fusion is Perfect!  

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·