Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Pulling power feed from battery

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ACDII

ACDII

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 328 posts
  • Region:Decline

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

in the 2013 has anyone been ble to pull a 10 gauge positive feed through the firewall? I tried doing it in the 2010 but it was so tight that I could not find any location to pull it through.  I may be getting a 13 Limited EB tomorrow and will need to run trailer wiring through it since it lacks a tow package, but the deal is too good to pass up over a tow package.

#2 OFFLINE   rtball

rtball

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Flex

Posted 07 February 2015 - 08:55 AM

A little late to respond, but I just did this on a 2013 CPO that just had to have a factory hitch!  The Ford wiring kit requires a battery feed to operate the converter.  No battery feed, no lights work.  I had the same dilemna.  Finally punched a hole through the boot (away from the shaft as much as possible) around the steering column shaft where it goes through the firewall.  Sharp awl, coat hanger with the wire taped to it and you finally get it through.  Silicone spray helps too!  The coat hanger goes from the inside so you can pull the #10 wire back from the engine compartment.  This by far the most difficult firewall that I have had to put wires through.  Usually there is a knock-out that can be used.  I didn't find one.  Just got the 2013 so never knew of the Flex Blog until now.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·