Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Has anyone tried Bluetooth audio sync with ipod/iphone?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   InJapan

InJapan

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 02:32 AM

Trying to decide if I should buy a bluetooth audio transmitter for my iPhone so that I can have wireless audio access to my music in the Flex.
Anyone do this yet?

#2 OFFLINE   rmc523

rmc523

Ford Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 12:23 PM

Trying to decide if I should buy a bluetooth audio transmitter for my iPhone so that I can have wireless audio access to my music in the Flex.
Anyone do this yet?

I just use the plug-in way, but it would be nice not to have to plug in the phone every time you get it.

I also don't like how it won't read your text messages for the iPhone, maybe they'll upgrade this in the future?

#3 OFFLINE   lammer

lammer

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 06:44 PM

Anyone do this yet?

I'm not familiar with the ins and outs of the iPhone, doesn't it already have bluetooth capabilities? That's all you need.

I don't have an iPhone, but rather a Blackberry Curve, that has Bluetooth capabilities.

I can currently stream my music from my Blackberry onto the system via SYNC.
Works nicely.

Only issue is it must be started or "played" from your device first.
(ie. you cannot have the car call up your playlist automatically, and begin to play via the instruments within the Flex.)

Edited by lammer, 19 March 2009 - 06:45 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   rmc523

rmc523

Ford Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:02 PM

I'm not familiar with the ins and outs of the iPhone, doesn't it already have bluetooth capabilities? That's all you need.

I don't have an iPhone, but rather a Blackberry Curve, that has Bluetooth capabilities.

I can currently stream my music from my Blackberry onto the system via SYNC.
Works nicely.

Only issue is it must be started or "played" from your device first.
(ie. you cannot have the car call up your playlist automatically, and begin to play via the instruments within the Flex.)

Thanks for the tip, I may try to get it working through bluetooth tomorrow.

#5 OFFLINE   InJapan

InJapan

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 09:17 PM

I got the transmitter.
The iPhone does not come with a bluetooth stereo transmitter.
It works fine but allows only minimal control of my music.
Found a better way to listen to my music. I just bought a cheap old ipod, loaded just the music and I leave it connected all the time.

#6 OFFLINE   johnzilla

johnzilla

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:48 AM

iPhone os 3.0 will feature a2dp support, so iPhone 3g (not the older ones) and the latest generation iPod touch will be able to stream Bluetooth audio. The 3.0 update is due sometime this summer and will be free for iPhone users, but will be a paid upgrade for iPod touch users.

#7 OFFLINE   tallscot

tallscot

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 06:13 PM

I'm using an iPhone 3GS with iOS 4.0.1 and the Bluetooth music streaming works fine. What you do is you control the audio playback on the iPhone itself, not the Sync in the car.

If you plug your iPhone into the USB port, you can access your Music Library through Sync, however I have found an annoying aspect of this that makes me want to use the iPhone. Once I start playing the album "So" under Peter Gabriel, if I want to listen to the album "Us", I have to go back to the top of the music library menu - Artist, press alphabetical for Peter, then select Album...

The iPhone, as you know, lets you easily go "Back" from the album you are in to select another one.

Neither method is allowing me to control my music via voice control.

Having my phone in my pocket, I'm able to stream the music and also make calls. When I stop somewhere, turn off the car, get out...when I come back, it automatically starts my music where it was when I left, via Bluetooth. Nice! Connecting via USB does this too.

It's nice not having to plug the phone in, except if you want to charge it.

#8 OFFLINE   lanceloare

lanceloare

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 02:15 AM

However, you didnít cover the fact that the iPod and iPhone lack a line-out connection. If you have a newer car or stereo, chances are that you have a line-in jack, but the iPod or iPhone will sound much better if you use a line-out rather than the headphone.

#9 OFFLINE   tallscot

tallscot

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 05:06 AM

However, you didnít cover the fact that the iPod and iPhone lack a line-out connection. If you have a newer car or stereo, chances are that you have a line-in jack, but the iPod or iPhone will sound much better if you use a line-out rather than the headphone.

What is the difference, technically, between a line out versus a headphone? I've never heard of such a claim that a headphone out sounds any differently than a line out. Thank you.

#10 OFFLINE   mogren

mogren

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Flex ford

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:19 AM

I paried my Iphone4 via bluetooth with synic and used it to play songs and works fine ( i was only testing the connection).

but i never used it as I am using a flash 4 my music

Edited by mogren, 03 October 2011 - 03:23 AM.

#11 OFFLINE   rangerrd

rangerrd

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Sport Trac and Fusion

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:14 AM

Yes the sync worked automatically with my iPhone, in fact it took me quite a while to figure out where the music was coming from! Also using USB devices like flash and Creative ZEN player. Which brings up a question that has probably been asked before, can you transfer music from USB device to JUKEBOX?

#12 OFFLINE   lammer

lammer

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:15 PM

Which brings up a question that has probably been asked before, can you transfer music from USB device to JUKEBOX?

no you have to import any music using the original CD. (I figure its a way for Ford to ensure its not promoting pirating music, this way you buy the CD- you import it). Personally I found this process to be WAY TOO TIME CONSUMING. I gave up!
Now, Chrysler allows you to import you songs via USB into their Hard drives within their music systems!
FORD should follow suit, IMO.

#13 OFFLINE   Raincity

Raincity

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 19 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Flex Limited Ecoboost

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:06 AM

Bought a 30G iPod, loaded it with the family music and leave it in the Flex full time connected via USB. My iPhone connects bluetooth for phone capabilities and a more personal music selection. Works very well for us!

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·