Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Plastic molding on the side of windhield leaking wind

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sandipsn

sandipsn

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 2 posts
  • Current Vehicle:'10 Ford Flex Limited w/Ecoboost

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:56 AM

So a month into buying my Flex I got a cracked windshield from a stone chip :(

As I was tight on money I took it to 3rd party for a replacement ($1000 deductible on insurance) and I have encountered two issues...

First and most importantly there is wind sound coming through what I believe is the plastic molding on the driver side. The glass replacement guys tested the actual glass and there's no bubbles. The sound is near the pillar where the plastic molding is so I think I might have to replace it. Anyone know what the part is called and will I have to buy a pair? I know it is the glass guys fault, but im sick of going back and getting run around... Any suggestions or experience with this is much appreciated.

Second issue is I have a fairly big sound system in my car and after the repair the rearview mirror is vibrating more then before. Again I took it back and they tried to fix it but the vibration comes back. Anyone know of a fix or a type of replacement that wont vibrate?

I know I screwed up by going where I did for the repair, but its a lesson learned I guess.

Thanks for your advice,

Sunny

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·