Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Flex intermittenly won't start, lights up, but no crank

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dtownalltheway

dtownalltheway

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Ford Flex EB

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:01 AM

I have a 2010 Ford Flex EB with about 30,000 miles. At least every other day when I try to start my flex nothing happens. I turn the key and the gauges and lights come on but the engine doesn't turn over or even click. Just nothing...this usually goes on for about 5 or 6 tries and then will crank and start normally. I've had this last up to 45 minutes one time and it is becoming increasingly annoying. I had it to the dealership and they said they couldn't replicate the problem and gave it back. They said the next time it happens have it towed in and don't try to keep starting it. I did just that and they said it started right up when they tried it. This is now the 3rd day they have had it and said it seems fine. Any suggestions? Also, I don't know if it matters but I bought this vehicle from a ford dealership used and they had to disclose to me that the previous owner had ford buy the car back because of a defective engine. They had replaced it with a brand new engine and then I had bought it. I don't know if that would matter but thought I should include any info I can....please help!

#2 OFFLINE   Midnight Rider

Midnight Rider

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 68 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Flex

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:44 PM

Something you can try - hold the key in the start position, and move the shifter in and out of Park, then try it in and out of Neutral.

#3 OFFLINE   Bret26

Bret26

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2011 taurus sho

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:28 PM

A little late here but had the same problem on my SHO turned out it was the starter.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·