Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

2009 LTD AWD Bearings Replaced

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Wiggins1975

Wiggins1975

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 2 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2009 LTD AWD

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:57 AM

Hey All,
I just had both rear bearings replaced and I know this is a common problem(from reading the forums), but I haven't seen anything stating that the replacement bearings will hold. Luckily I have low Kms on the car, so it was covered, but It would have cost me 674.00 if it wasn't.

Actually, The same Identical car as mine was in this morning, i heard he had 80,000 km on the car(mine is at 45,000). The owner was trying to describe the humming noise and I mentioned it was the bearings as well. So there were two instances of bearing failure in at the same time, which is why i brought up the fact that I've read about this on-line.

I was just told that there is a known issue with them from the person at the dealer and I plan on asking when I pick up the car if it is a permanent fix or not. I'm not sure what the answer will be so I figured I would post here.

Is the issue with the original bearings?
or is it a design error that will continue to wear them out over time?

Cheers.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·