Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

tailgate modification.....

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   NOBLEwolf

NOBLEwolf

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 08:05 PM

ORDERED....a AWD - BLACK on BLACK LTD...as u are aware..the tailgate comes with a chromed panel ( it has 4 sections separated by 3 grooves ) which covers the complete tailgate...i think that there is too much chrome, so i have taken a picture of the tailgate ' blacked ' out the
top section & bottom section leaving the two sections which surround the FORD blue oval badge...it looks in my opinion alot better, making the rear end look wider & reduces the amt of ' bling - when it arrives i am going to my Body shop to get his take on painting them black........well wadda think fellow ' FLEXERS '

#2 OFFLINE   funtoflex

funtoflex

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:27 PM

ORDERED....a AWD - BLACK on BLACK LTD...as u are aware..the tailgate comes with a chromed panel ( it has 4 sections separated by 3 grooves ) which covers the complete tailgate...i think that there is too much chrome, so i have taken a picture of the tailgate ' blacked ' out the
top section & bottom section leaving the two sections which surround the FORD blue oval badge...it looks in my opinion alot better, making the rear end look wider & reduces the amt of ' bling - when it arrives i am going to my Body shop to get his take on painting them black........well wadda think fellow ' FLEXERS '

My biggest concern about that panel is how easily its likely to get damaged. I remember the Ford pickups of probably 20 years ago with a panel much like that. They looked nice when new, but the first ding stood out like a sore thumb.

#3 OFFLINE   rmc523

rmc523

Ford Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 12:44 PM

Where is this picture you're referring to? I can see what you're talking about in my head, but a picture would be nice, unless I'm just not seeing it for some reason?

And technically, the only chrome on the back is the beltline....the panel has more of an aluminum or stainless steel affect.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·