Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

What Tires Are You Using

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Martman

Martman

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 3 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Flex SEL

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:49 AM

We bought an 11 Flex awd a couple of weeks ago, very happy so far. Rear tires are a bit low on tread and I was looking to replace the factory goodyears. They are way to expensive to replace in my opinion, I am in western canada and we pay a lot more for tires than in the US. $250 per tire plus install and taxes for P235/60R18 tires at the goodyear store.
Anybody have any stories about tires they have put on their Flex. It will never go off road but we can get a lot of snow.

#2 OFFLINE   Notgrownup

Notgrownup

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 56 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Flex SE

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:15 AM

Mine came with Hankrap (hankook) tires and after 3 days i had the dealer reluctantly change them because they ran loud and rough...i now have 25000 miles on BF Goodrich Advantage T/A touring and they still look new...

• epbog and Floridianman like this

#3 OFFLINE   scotty5484

scotty5484

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 64 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Flex Limited Ecoboost, 2011 Camaro SS/RS conv. and 2002 Ford Ranger Edge

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:17 AM

I got 55,000 miles out of the original Eagle RSA tires and they were great on the vehicle, so I replaced them with the same tires.

Edited by scotty5484, 12 April 2013 - 04:51 AM.

#4 OFFLINE   ACDII

ACDII

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 328 posts
  • Region:Decline

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:03 AM

The Eagle RSA tires starting in 2010 have been great, prior to that, not so good.  My new 2013 Flex has Hankook, and I am skeptical on their traction in snow, and while they ride well, and handling is OK, I would much rather have a set of the Goodyear RSA tires. 

#5 OFFLINE   robertlane

robertlane

Flex Fan

• Pip
  • 199 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:Shelby Mustang

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:52 AM

I have never experienced Hankook tires, so I cannot comment about them.  Michelin has always performed great for me and they are available at Sam's club.  Yokohama are another brand that just with great traction in the snow.

#6 OFFLINE   ACDII

ACDII

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 328 posts
  • Region:Decline

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:07 AM

I will let you know about the Hankooks in about a year, I was a bit depressed not to see Goodyear RSA tires on the new Flex, but Hankook instead. 

#7 OFFLINE   epbog

epbog

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 7 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Ford Flex AWD Limited EB

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:51 PM

I have the stock 255/45/20 Goodyear RSAs on mine and I like them. Will stick with them for summer tires, but will go with a set of Blizzak studless tires for winter driving.

#8 OFFLINE   Floridianman

Floridianman

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 19 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 limited

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:25 AM

Mine came with Hankrap (hankook) tires and after 3 days i had the dealer reluctantly change them because they ran loud and rough...i now have 25000 miles on BF Goodrich Advantage T/A touring and they still look new...

One of mine 2013 hankrap tires has a small leak. I submerge in to a tank with water and can't find it. Looking to get new tires but next size wider for more traction

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·