Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

New to Flex Considering Purchase! Quick Question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   on4now4

on4now4

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Formula Vee

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:55 PM

Hey guys. As the title says I am looking at buying one of these awesome cars. I am looking at a used 2010, My local dealer actually has one that I like very much but there is one thing that I can not figure out.

With the tow package. I know the factory installed hitch can be installed aftermarket. With that comes the worry that what I am looking at is not a true factory install with all the sway control and oil cooler...

Could I possibly get a picture of what the oil cooler that only came on the tow package looks like in the engine bay? I cant find a picture of this anywhere... That way I will know what i am looking for. Also was the sway control a separate computer box? Where is that located that I could check it? When I was looking at the car earlier today I could not find the EBC hookup under the dash but I did not know exactly what I was looking for I now have a picture and will take another look.

One more question. Is it true the tow package came with a full size spare? and the non tow did not? That should be a sure giveaway.

Thanks for all the info guys. These don't seem to be the same old questions most new guys looking to tow ask haha.

#2 OFFLINE   Waldo

Waldo

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:36 AM

Tow package came with a inflation kit in 2009-2011, but never a full size spare.

Sway control is part of the brake control module. It's software that's turned on at the end of the line at the factory, so you cannot physically see anything different. Sadly it cannot be turned on by the dealer.

The oil cooler can't be seen from above. It's just a "block" between the engine and the oil filter, on the back of the engine. You might be able to see the coolant lines that run from it into the lower radiator hose.

But one way to know for sure is to plug the VIN into this link: http://services.ford...XXXXXXXBD111111
That will pull up the original window sticker and you can know for sure.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·