Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

traction control and fuel mileage

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   atzottola

atzottola

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Flex SEL AWD

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:09 PM

Just bought a 2011 AWD non-turbo Flex. So far ,so good. Have owned it about a week and noticed that it seems to slightly hold back when the traction control is on and descending a hill. I noticed it doesn't seem to roll as freely down hills as my old minivan. I almost have to give it a little throttle on descents where I was dragging my brakes in the van. . I turned the traction control off and it seemed to do better. Not sure if I'm imagining things or not. I know the traction control is only supposed to work (or do anything) when wheels are slipping. Any one else notice this? I will try and get better data as I drive it. I'm also wondering if the fuel mileage will be affected when I don't need traction control.

#2 OFFLINE   Waldo

Waldo

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:25 AM

You are imagining things. Traction control has nothing to do with going down hills. The Flex uses a system called ADFSO which shuts off fuel while going down hill, that's why it doesn't roll as freely. It's one of the technological advances that helps Ford (and others) improve the fuel economy on the newer cars. But the traction control system will have no effect on fuel economy in any way, unless of course you want to sit and spin your wheels for minutes on end.

#3 OFFLINE   mmsstar

mmsstar

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 242 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2011 SE

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:33 PM

Or did he push the button on the shifter?

#4 OFFLINE   ACDII

ACDII

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 328 posts
  • Region:Decline

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

Is there a hill descent feature on the 11? I dont recall the 10 I had doing that, but it was also an Ecoboost.

#5 OFFLINE   Waldo

Waldo

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:12 AM

Is there a hill descent feature on the 11? I dont recall the 10 I had doing that, but it was also an Ecoboost.

Yes, they all have hill descent.  On the Ecoboost if you put the shifter is "M" or "S" on the new one it will be in hill descent mode until you use the paddle shifters.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·