Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

2010 Flex Ecoboost stuttering and surging

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   kimmysue

kimmysue

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 3 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Ford Flex Limited w/Ecoboost AWD

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:01 AM

We have had our 2010 Ford Flex with Ecoboost AWD (mileage 42,000) at the dealership off and on for about 3 weeks and it still not fixed. Here is the issue: Our flex shifts very hard when driving at city speeds and the engine act like Mel Tellis, is stutters and acts like it will not go and then all of the sudden it takes off. Driving down the highway it starts surging and stuttering. Ford had us put new spark plugs in and also changed the coils, said that fixed it. Drove off and headed down the highway and starting doing it again. Back to Ford. Had the assistant drive it and it did it to him once on the highway. Said that ford is aware of the issue but right now no fix. Has anyone had or have this same issue? They have not put the monitor on it, I wish they would as it would show the problem or problems.

#2 OFFLINE   kmiller

kmiller

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 15 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Ford Flex

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:31 AM

Hi, I had this issue with my 2010 ecoboost awd last summer. It took me 3 months to get Ford to figure it out. I actually researched through another flex forum and found other people with the same issue. Finally got ford to replace the transmission range sensor. It doesn't drop out of gear any more and is much better. The transmission is still not perfect but at least it doesn't stop any more. Hope this helps you.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·