Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Front Right side marker light replacement

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BruceG

BruceG

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 3 posts
  • Region:Canada Atlantic Provinces
  • Current Vehicle:09 Ford Flex Sel

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:08 AM

Hi There have an 09 Flex SEL and want to replace the right hand side marker light in the front. So far I think I have to remove the headlight assembly to get at the bulb I was only able to remove two bolts but couldn't go any farther. Has anyone replaced a side marker light bulb in this location or had an opportunity to remove a headlight assembly? If anyone has done either can you provide some information on how to access the bulb.

Thank You

Bruce

#2 OFFLINE   Midnight Rider

Midnight Rider

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 68 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Flex

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:29 AM

The shop manual for my 2010 says nothing about replacing the front side marker lights. I discovered why, after digging around for a while - they are LEDs, and supposedly never need replacing. Look at the one that works on your car - if you see three small points of light, you have LEDs also. Removing the headlight assembly involves removing the bumper cover, and removing 4 bolts and a pin retainer (at the top). Other than the bumper cover, removing the headlight assembly is pretty straightforward.

If your park and turn signals on the right front work, your problem is not as simple as a blown fuse, as they are on the same circuit.

And welcome to the forum, BTW!

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·