Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Daytime running lights (DRL)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   turbodave

turbodave

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 36 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Lincoln MKT, Ecoboost, Crystal Champagne

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:55 AM

I thought I read somewhere here in the Flex forums about someone getting their flex program changed to turn on the DRL feature. I have a feeling it's a programming matter, and no other hardware is needed.

Anybody have any knowledge of how to accomplish this?????? It should be the same on my MKT if anyone has been succesful doing so.

#2 OFFLINE   Waldo

Waldo

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:54 PM

Yep, just take it to the dealer and ask them to turn them on.

#3 OFFLINE   turbodave

turbodave

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:27 AM

I've tried that, and all I get is blank stares. I was hoping somebody could help me with info on the actual dealership that has successfully done it, and I could have my dealership call them and find out how.

#4 OFFLINE   Waldo

Waldo

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:59 AM

Just tell them to open up the shop manual, you know the instructions that tell mechanics how to fix stuff. It's under the module configuration section, or if they really need help, they can use the online manual and type in "DRL", it will take them straight there.

Sarcasm is directed at your dealer, so please pass it on. This is pretty basic stuff that anyone who's taken any kind of training should know.

#5 OFFLINE   turbodave

turbodave

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:51 AM

Thanks!! I'll talk to them about it when I go back to get my new A pillar trim piece.

#6 OFFLINE   turbodave

turbodave

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:13 PM

Just tell them to open up the shop manual, you know the instructions that tell mechanics how to fix stuff. It's under the module configuration section, or if they really need help, they can use the online manual and type in "DRL", it will take them straight there.

Sarcasm is directed at your dealer, so please pass it on. This is pretty basic stuff that anyone who's taken any kind of training should know.

Success!!!!! It worked. Just told them where to look in their service manual, and a short time later the DRL's are now working!! Thank you!!

#7 OFFLINE   johnny rocket

johnny rocket

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 38 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Flex Limited EB

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:45 AM

Success!!!!! It worked. Just told them where to look in their service manual, and a short time later the DRL's are now working!! Thank you!!

We had our DRL enabled on our 2013 Flex Limited EB for $50.00 shop time.  We have HID headlamps, and the first attempt by the dealership tech failed, as the HID's repeatably flashed on and off, indicating an error. 

The tech went back to the drawing board and figured out with HIDs, they cannot be used as DRL, as they are either on or off, no in between.  He reconfigured the setup to use the fog lamps only as the DRL.  If you have hologen head lights, those can be configured as DRL, and the fog lamps will stay off.

JR

#8 OFFLINE   adamjeeps

adamjeeps

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 9 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2013 MKT Ecoboost

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:42 AM

We had our DRL enabled on our 2013 Flex Limited EB for $50.00 shop time.  We have HID headlamps, and the first attempt by the dealership tech failed, as the HID's repeatably flashed on and off, indicating an error. 

The tech went back to the drawing board and figured out with HIDs, they cannot be used as DRL, as they are either on or off, no in between.  He reconfigured the setup to use the fog lamps only as the DRL.  If you have hologen head lights, those can be configured as DRL, and the fog lamps will stay off.

JR

Wow I'm surprised the HID could even be attempted to use as DRL. You definitely want the fogs for DRL when you have HID lights. 

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·