Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Ouch! $75 to cancel Ford ESP.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Cinn_metallic_12

Cinn_metallic_12

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Ford Flex SE

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:25 AM

Kind of a frustrating topic to start on the forum with, but here goes. F&I guy presents us with ESP options and it sounds really great that we get his "employee price" even, which is $100 over the cost of the warranty. He even showed us MSRP, and then a cost page. I figure what the heck, and we sign a single page which was a photocopy of the Ford ESP contract first page. Had I known what turns out is a multiple page contract, I probably would not have purchased the warranty knowing it would cost me $75 if my research showed that it was not worth it! I feel like a real tool now, and now that will sour my relationship with the dealer. The F&I guy obviously failed to mention the $75 fee, and said we had 7 days to cancel when I asked if we could cancel it.

It is actually 30 days to cancel if there were no covered events, but the $75 charge will occur. I will complain to the toothless BBB since I didn't get a contract with full Terms and Conditions, I may need to figure out who else I can contact. It may seem like a lot of fuss over just $75, but that is real money to a single income family. If I ever need and ESP, I will buy online for much less, could have got the same one for $540, not the $905 we paid. Now it will be $540+$75.

I hope people find this before they buy an ESP from Ford so they know what they are getting into if one decides it is not worth it for them either.

#2 OFFLINE   turbodave

turbodave

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 36 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Lincoln MKT, Ecoboost, Crystal Champagne

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:10 PM

Well, I'm old enough and have been buying cars for enough decades to know by now that the F&I guys are out for their own good, and NOTHING else! Now matter how much I liked the dealershihp, or sales staff, it was always a sour experiencce dealing with F&I !! Every facette fo their job is commission related. I.E. The interest rate they can talk you into (the higher the interest rate they can convince you to take pads their commission). ESP's also pad their commission.
When I bought my T, I was eligable for 1.9% financing. But this dork kept trying to push a 4.9 on my with a story that would be funny if it wasn't so pitifull. I told him once that the 1.9 was what I wanted, yet four more times he tried pushing the 4.9. Needless to say, that dealership shall never see my old ugly face again.

Then to top it off, the following day they were to add factory remote start to my T. Bi-directional. I was told it was a 4-5 hour job. My car sat in their shop for the entire first day with little more than 30 minutes of actual touch time on it. (their waiting room overlooks their shop). I didn't get the car till late the second day!! And yet again the service manager did a great song and dance.

But I love the carr none-the-less.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·