Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Is it bad to floor it?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jetskier

jetskier

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Ford Flex SEL AWD

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:41 PM

I have a 2010 Flex with only about 4,800 miles on it. It doesn't have the ecoboost, but it is AWD. I was just wondering how bad it is to actually put the petal to the floor. I don't do it every day but sometimes getting on the highway or passing I do. The most I've seen the RPM's get up to is about 5,800. I know it decreases the life of the oil, but how bad is it other wise?

#2 OFFLINE   Waldo

Waldo

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:24 AM

It's not bad for it at all, in fact it usually helps keep the engine clean. The Flex has a rev limit built into it from the factory. You can't make it rev higher than that. If the factory didn't think it was a good idea to rev the engine, they wouldn't let you do it.
  • jetskier and GrySql like this

#3 OFFLINE   muphasta

muphasta

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:36 AM

I floored our 3.5L Flex several times last week. We went camping hours away and a long stretch of road was single lane in each direction. Passing 2 semi tractor trailers in a row got the wife nervous, but the Flex handled it well.

I only sort of wished I had the eco boost to see how much more impressive the acceleration would be.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·