Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Eco Boost Low MPG

MPG

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ULOS2A6

ULOS2A6

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Flex EcoBoost

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:16 AM

Just bought a very nice 2010 EcoBoost Limited. Red with White top, Vista roof, Auto Park etc.. It has 55,000 miles. It drives wonderful, It has a lot of power but the fuel mileage seems really low.
On the first tank it was 11.9 by the trip computer but we were having some fun testing the acceleration. The next fill up with mostly highway was arround 17.9. Filled it up yesterday and with my wife driving around town, watching the instant mpg arrows she is getting 10.9. Any ideas? Is this normal from what you guys are getting? I have not done any maintenance on it yet as we have only had it 10 days. I plan to get a new air filter, synthetic oil change. I did make sure as soon as we got it that the air pressure was correct, I put 40 psi in each tire.

I have been reading the forums and I want to get the MPG tune (as well as a 60whp tune) from Torrie at Unleashed. Does anyone have any data on MPG improvements with any of his tunes?A
Any info would be helpful. If I could crack 14 -15 around town I would be very happy.
  • terrymal likes this

#2 OFFLINE   scotty5484

scotty5484

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 64 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Flex Limited Ecoboost, 2011 Camaro SS/RS conv. and 2002 Ford Ranger Edge

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:05 AM

I consistently get between 18 and 21 mpg with my 2010 Ecoboost. If I get a little too frisky, however, the mpg drops to 16.

#3 OFFLINE   amutti

amutti

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:19 AM

Reset your computer. Let it relearn. I posted the procedure on this or another forum a while back. I think it was disconnect the battery and pump the brake 10 times (or something like that). It got my mileage back into the 16+ rang for non-highway.

#4 OFFLINE   turbodave

turbodave

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 36 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Lincoln MKT, Ecoboost, Crystal Champagne

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:20 AM

Reset your computer. Let it relearn. I posted the procedure on this or another forum a while back. I think it was disconnect the battery and pump the brake 10 times (or something like that).

Good grief, all that??? It's a lot easier on my MKT!! I just pull up the fuel mileage readout on my info center, and then push the reset button. It totally resets and starts re-learning.

I don't use the mileage computer at all though. I hand calculate all my fuel mileage, simply because I've found the mileage computers on any car's I've owned to be inacurate.

#5 OFFLINE   amutti

amutti

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:30 AM

Good grief, all that??? It's a lot easier on my MKT!! I just pull up the fuel mileage readout on my info center, and then push the reset button. It totally resets and starts re-learning.

I don't use the mileage computer at all though. I hand calculate all my fuel mileage, simply because I've found the mileage computers on any car's I've owned to be inacurate.

That procedure will reset the ECU/On board computer, not just the mileage tracker. It will relearn how you drive and in turn have an impact on gas mileage.

#6 OFFLINE   amcgarva

amcgarva

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 7 posts
  • Current Vehicle:bmw 528

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

tonight, bringing the car home my mileage was less than i expected. at 85mph the computer was giving me 16.5 mpg or so. at 79 mph it was at about 17.5 mph. i know that i would do best at 55-60 but the speed limit in ND is 75. Is 17-18mpg the best i can expect. I also want some info on the effectiveness of the tune for fuel efficiency.

#7 OFFLINE   FFF

FFF

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 2 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Limited AWD Ecoboost Ford Flex

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

Just wondering if you were able to fix your low MPG.  I am having the same issue with my 2011.  I bought mine new and now have 15K miles and continually get 10-11 MPG in the city which is 90% of our driving.  I had dealer check three times and they said their computer reads 16-17 MPG during test.  However, we never get more than 180 miles out of a full tank of gas.  Highway MPG is about 19-20 which is what we expected.

#8 OFFLINE   ACDII

ACDII

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:47 PM

YEP!  You have to drive it like there is an egg on the pedal. One quick start off the line with the turbos in boost will suck gas faster than you think. Learn to coast it to lights, anticipate lights, and dont race from light to light if you want to see decent MPG. The one I had was consistent at 18.5 MPG, but got 24 on the highway at 65 MPH.  Keep RPM at or below 1700 if you want best MPG, anything over that, dont complain, you git what you git.  I traded it for an EB F150 and it was pretty much the same but needed Premium to get 18, without it got 16.

#9 OFFLINE   de64

de64

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 6 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Flex Limited

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:15 PM

mine did the same but as soon as i reset and did a freeway drive I was back up to 25-26

#10 OFFLINE   wertman94

wertman94

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 4 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Flex

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:23 PM

We are getting 17-21

#11 OFFLINE   robertlane

robertlane

Flex Fan

• Pip
  • 199 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:Shelby Mustang

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:08 PM

The same applies to my GT500KR - the more you play, the more you pay.  Such fun though!  :spend:

Custom Search

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MPG

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·