Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Help with more video options

dvd video mft flex sync

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ovenbirdflex

ovenbirdflex

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2009 & 2013 Ford Flex's

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:35 PM

First, I've done a number of searches and found a number of related posts, however none seem to answer my series of questions, so I appologize if any of these are redundant. A little background... we have a 2009 flex limited with the facotry (invision dual headset DVD's). They have worked fine, except we really dislike two things 1) we can't control them from the front seats (or the main Sync Nav system) and 2) the FM modulator always has interference.

That said, we just got a 2013 Flex limited with MFT and am trying to sort out the video again with the following goals:

1) No FM modulator for audio (direct audio into the main system)

2) Video/Audio out of MFT (when playing DVD as it has the BEST sound). I'm not interested nor do I need for MFT to show the video while driving, just output it to the rear screens. Again, the goal is to get the best audio and have front controls for the rear video screens.

Am I dreaming?

Dave

#2 OFFLINE   Waldo

Waldo

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:23 AM

Yep, you're dreaming. You're talking about a LOT of software writing that has never been done. Now SYNC is supposed to be open code, so maybe eventually somebody will develop an "app" for that, but for now I think it's just a dream.

I'm not quite sure, but I also think that hardware wise the MFT system is not capable of reading DVDs.

Edited by Waldo, 04 June 2012 - 04:24 AM.

#3 OFFLINE   Raincity

Raincity

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 19 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Flex Limited Ecoboost

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:00 AM

Dreaming...It's always been a problem for our family too on long road trips, changing DVD's safely requires pulling off onto the side of the road.

I have a friend into higher end custom mobile A/V installs and said it's possible aftermarket but not without serious custom wiring or eliminating the OEM set-up all together. Neither of which I would want to pay for.

Custom Search

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dvd video, mft, flex, sync

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·