Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Window sticker dealer change is it legal

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Planedriver_1

Planedriver_1

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 04:07 AM

Anyone know if it's legal for a dealer to reprint and change a factory window sticker,

i was told mine was and now i have found a problem with the implied factory installed
class III trailer towing pkg, it may not not be factory installed. it is more likely an add on
at the dealer and that would make my awd flex rated only for 2000 lbs instead of the rated class III
4500 capacity.

I need help to find out if this is legal but certainly not good bussiness.

how can i get what i thought i paid for ..

thanks so much for your help in advance

planedriver

#2 OFFLINE   Waldo

Waldo

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 07:38 AM

Not an official source, but Wikipedia says it's illegal: http://en.wikipedia....onroney_sticker.

The only important piece of the factory package that you'd be missing though is the engine oil cooler. Put that on and you'd be good to 4500lbs, just make sure you don't use the mini-spare while towing.

But if the dealer just put on an aftermarked hitch and charged you the full price of the factory option, I'd be a little ticked off too.

#3 OFFLINE   Planedriver_1

Planedriver_1

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 10:55 AM

Not an official source, but Wikipedia says it's illegal: http://en.wikipedia....onroney_sticker.

The only important piece of the factory package that you'd be missing though is the engine oil cooler. Put that on and you'd be good to 4500lbs, just make sure you don't use the mini-spare while towing.

But if the dealer just put on an aftermarked hitch and charged you the full price of the factory option, I'd be a little ticked off too.

Well thanks for the info, i have been at the dealer all morning ! It's more than just an oil cooler it's the wiring harness and some other litte stuff. I not sure what it means when i found in the sales brochoure that a thing called tire mobility kit, comes in addition to the standard spare. CLASS III Trailer Tow Package

says it includes, hitch receiver with 4500 lb rating, 4/7 pin connector with wiring harness, Engine oil cooler
and tire mobility kit (12) fine print item (12) says In addition to standard spare.

Well what is a mobility kit ??????

And also i may have good news, i think they are going to get me a whole new flex like the one that is all
wrong, they said it was a miss build, more updates to follow.

thanks to everyone that may want to jump in and help out on this

planedriver

#4 OFFLINE   marcmorrison

marcmorrison

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 11:11 AM

12v tire pump and can of flat repair as they don't want you towing on the spare.

#5 OFFLINE   funtoflex

funtoflex

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 06:53 PM

And also i may have good news, i think they are going to get me a whole new flex like the one that is all
wrong, they said it was a miss build, more updates to follow.

thanks to everyone that may want to jump in and help out on this

planedriver

I think what they realize is they've been caught & want that Flex back before they get sued. Hopefully, you still have the sticker. It could become a very useful bargaining tool.

#6 OFFLINE   Planedriver_1

Planedriver_1

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 01:02 PM

I think what they realize is they've been caught & want that Flex back before they get sued. Hopefully, you still have the sticker. It could become a very useful bargaining tool.

It so happend i did keep the window sticker, I was told ford reasigns window stickers to the dealer that took the trade and made the trade these days i guess. But all this stuff is now a mute point.

The trailer tow pkg stuff was in the flex after all. the fuse box was not hooked on the bracket and tucked up
under the frame someplace, the sqweeky brake was a fender push pin caught between the rotor and the caliper, ( wouldn't of believed it if i hadn't seen it !! ) Ac was operator error. Cold as ice

This was a mess but now has worked out completely i have my flex back and i'm a happy camper.

Can't wait to go fishin towing my boat, or hunting soon. The flex is one of the coolest automobiles beside my old avalanche i have ever had. Wish me luck and thanks for your support

planedriver

#7 OFFLINE   tgoodman

tgoodman

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 12:13 PM

It so happend i did keep the window sticker, I was told ford reasigns window stickers to the dealer that took the trade and made the trade these days i guess. But all this stuff is now a mute point.

The trailer tow pkg stuff was in the flex after all. the fuse box was not hooked on the bracket and tucked up
under the frame someplace, the sqweeky brake was a fender push pin caught between the rotor and the caliper, ( wouldn't of believed it if i hadn't seen it !! ) Ac was operator error. Cold as ice

This was a mess but now has worked out completely i have my flex back and i'm a happy camper.

Can't wait to go fishin towing my boat, or hunting soon. The flex is one of the coolest automobiles beside my old avalanche i have ever had. Wish me luck and thanks for your support

planedriver

Does anyone have the tire mobility kit part number??? I have a flex with the factory hitch, but it was missing the kit, and suppossedely the dealer can not find the part number. I spent some time with the parts manager on his compter, but no luck.'

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#8 OFFLINE   dmorneau

dmorneau

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 06:50 AM

Does anyone have the tire mobility kit part number??? I have a flex with the factory hitch, but it was missing the kit, and suppossedely the dealer can not find the part number. I spent some time with the parts manager on his compter, but no luck.'

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello,

I just grabbed my kit from the car. It should have come in the back and there is a way to install it under the drivers seat. I haven't tried to do it yet. Anyway here is the part no. on the kit. It is a Canadian sticker because it also has French on it. It should not matter because I was told the numbers are the same in the U.S. just the price is lower over there. The dashes are important I found out because I ordered a set of molded mudflaps in Michigan because they were not available in Canada. I hope this will help and don't let the dealer charge you. This should have been in the car.

TIRE MOBILITY KIT:
8A83-19C543-AA

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·