Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Amp install??

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   divadavidcars

divadavidcars

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Ford Flex SE

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:58 AM

Anyone install aftermarket amp to their factory stereo to run a sub? just curious if you came across any issues. Im sure ill need a line level converter and way to turn amp on and off unless i get one with a frequency auto turn on.

#2 OFFLINE   GLaDOS

GLaDOS

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Flex SEL

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:41 PM

I'm new and just starting to learn this stuff, so here goes:

1. the12volt.com lists wiring schematics for many vehicles, but didn't see Flex listed directly.

2. FordFlex.net has a couple threads on this with subs. Some great links to sound dampening, etc., and pic blog step-by-step.

3. You can get the wiring diagram here: http://jasonandginny...ingDiagrams.pdf
4. Because I don't know much about the head unit, I don't know if the F-150 forums would apply for this same thing. However, I was talking to Crutchfield rep who said Apline PXA H-800 might work but can't find anyone with a success story/ components they chose...

5. DIYMA Car Audio Forum another good place to check.

Keep asking and reading as I'm finding a lot of quirks with Sync, Nav, MyKey, and the way the battery is maintained - there's volume issues even when right components are installed. F-150 that bass would get cut back by head unit despite efforts to boost via DSP.

Anyhow, good luck and sorry couldn't help more.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·