Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

TSW Nurburgring wheels!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Scrming

Scrming

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 25 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Flex EB

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:14 AM

This is just step one in my Flex Make-Over... wasn't going to post up yet... but what the heck... LOL

Ordered new wheels from local Discount Tire. Got a nice price on the TSW Nurburgring. $320 a piece and then $100 in rebates...

In the Box:

Posted Image

On the Flex:

Posted Image

Posted Image

All I can say is OMG! are these things LIGHT! These are the 20x8.5 and they weigh in at 23 pounds! I picked one up with one hand and simply could not believe how light it was! The Discount Tire guy said he had to hurry up and open the box when he picked it up to make sure there was a 20" wheel inside! LOL! The stock wheels feel so much more heavy! Especially when you have to carry them to the shed in the back yard! LOL!

So did a 0-60 MPH run this morning. Dropped my time by .06. But then I got to looking at the weather! Tempertures were the same... This is with the stock tune..

Stock wheels - 5.60 seconds with barometer of 30.25 and humdity of 71%
New wheels - 5.54 seconds BUT with a barometer of only 29.92 and humdity of 80%

Now... just waiting for the tracks to open!!! In the mean time, the Make-Over continues... LOL

#2 OFFLINE   rc_cola

rc_cola

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:39 AM

sweet. they look freakin' good.

-rc

#3 OFFLINE   Scrming

Scrming

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:22 PM

sweet. they look freakin' good.

-rc

Thanks!

Step 1A.. de-chrome mirrors.... sorry, crappy cell phone picture...

Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   roush3

roush3

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:33 PM

This is just step one in my Flex Make-Over... wasn't going to post up yet... but what the heck... LOL

Ordered new wheels from local Discount Tire. Got a nice price on the TSW Nurburgring. $320 a piece and then $100 in rebates...

In the Box:

Posted Image

On the Flex:

Posted Image

Posted Image

All I can say is OMG! are these things LIGHT! These are the 20x8.5 and they weigh in at 23 pounds! I picked one up with one hand and simply could not believe how light it was! The Discount Tire guy said he had to hurry up and open the box when he picked it up to make sure there was a 20" wheel inside! LOL! The stock wheels feel so much more heavy! Especially when you have to carry them to the shed in the back yard! LOL!

So did a 0-60 MPH run this morning. Dropped my time by .06. But then I got to looking at the weather! Tempertures were the same... This is with the stock tune..

Stock wheels - 5.60 seconds with barometer of 30.25 and humdity of 71%
New wheels - 5.54 seconds BUT with a barometer of only 29.92 and humdity of 80%

Now... just waiting for the tracks to open!!! In the mean time, the Make-Over continues... LOL

love the wheels. But i really was wondering what camera did you take these pictures with and what settings? Thanks I'm an amateur photographer and i think the pictures look great!

#5 OFFLINE   Scrming

Scrming

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:55 AM

love the wheels. But i really was wondering what camera did you take these pictures with and what settings? Thanks I'm an amateur photographer and i think the pictures look great!

Thanks! Those were shot with my Canon 5D Mark II and Canon 70-200 2.8 L IS Mark II... I shot those wide open at 2.8, IIRC... I believe the EXIF data should all be intact.... I love shooting with this combo!

Posted Image

#6 OFFLINE   roush3

roush3

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:26 PM

Thanks! Those were shot with my Canon 5D Mark II and Canon 70-200 2.8 L IS Mark II... I shot those wide open at 2.8, IIRC... I believe the EXIF data should all be intact.... I love shooting with this combo!

Posted Image

Nice camera i'm a big Canon fan. I have a 50D sure would like a 5D :drool:

Edited by roush3, 15 February 2012 - 06:26 PM.

#7 OFFLINE   Scrming

Scrming

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:15 AM

Nice camera i'm a big Canon fan. I have a 50D sure would like a 5D :drool:

COOL!! I have a 50D as a back-up body and for when I need to shoot with a high frame rate! But once you shoot full frame it's hard to shoot anything else! LOL!

#8 OFFLINE   vwguy0429

vwguy0429

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 9 posts
  • Region:Canada Atlantic Provinces
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Flex 2009 Limited AWD

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:49 PM

any more update on the flex and its mods?

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·