Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

My new exhaust

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Scrming

Scrming

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 25 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Flex EB

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:29 AM

Ok... so it was the middle of December... The tracks were close.... And I really need to get out of the house and have some fun with the Flex! Well, one thing that had been bugging me about my Flex was, that with the tune from Livernois, the Flex was pushing around 400 HP but I couldn't even hear the darn thing running! A 400 HP motor needs to be HEARD!!! LOL!

So, off I headed to visit my friend Scott at MRT... If anyone could fix my "too quiet" problem it would be Scott! We ended up taking one of MRT's Interceptor axle-back systems and fabbing it up for the Flex...

Stock muffler... OMG, talk about restrictive! The right half was completely packed with fiberglass:

Posted Image

Before:

Posted Image

AFTER!

Posted Image

I took the Flex over to Livernois and put the Flex on the dyno... I had them compare my HP against a stock Flex... while not perfect, i think it was a pretty good comparison...

Posted Image

I am VERY HAPPY with the way things turned out! I did a little video clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmhfomjQsAI

#2 OFFLINE   Raincity

Raincity

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 19 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Flex Limited Ecoboost

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:11 AM

Sounds good. My fear is the droning sound at cruising RPM's. We do lots of family road trips in the Flex and this would play huge.

#3 OFFLINE   Scrming

Scrming

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:11 AM

Sounds good. My fear is the droning sound at cruising RPM's. We do lots of family road trips in the Flex and this would play huge.

Yep... completely understand! I typically don't comment on drone because it is such a personal thing... some folks are very sensitive to it while others are immune. That being said, the Flex is my wife's daily driver and our Family vehicle. So the wife and I up front and our 5 and 7 year old daughters in the 2nd row... and no one has complained or even mentioned the drone. We've put thousands of miles since I had the exhaust installed... The best part though was right after I had the exhaust installed, I was driving withmy daughters and I really stepped on the gas... BOTH girls let out a squeal of joy and exclaimed, "DAD! You added VROOM VROOM!!!!" Brought a tear to my eye! LOL!

BTW... was out the other day and made a new video just for giggles...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-Djl6axeMg

#4 OFFLINE   Raincity

Raincity

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 19 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Flex Limited Ecoboost

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:27 PM

Yep... completely understand! I typically don't comment on drone because it is such a personal thing... some folks are very sensitive to it while others are immune. That being said, the Flex is my wife's daily driver and our Family vehicle. So the wife and I up front and our 5 and 7 year old daughters in the 2nd row... and no one has complained or even mentioned the drone. We've put thousands of miles since I had the exhaust installed... The best part though was right after I had the exhaust installed, I was driving withmy daughters and I really stepped on the gas... BOTH girls let out a squeal of joy and exclaimed, "DAD! You added VROOM VROOM!!!!" Brought a tear to my eye! LOL!

BTW... was out the other day and made a new video just for giggles...

Nice vid, thanks for the reply. I too have 2 daughters of similar ages and they love the launches from a dead stop and keep telling me "Go faster daddy!" LOL. Not sure what type of set-up I'll do yet but yours is simple and effective, most likely take that route.

Another question for you and the Livernois stage4+ set-up you have. My 2010 tranny shifts terribly at lower speeds and more noticeably around town in the stop and go traffic even after updates to the ECM. Did you ever have this in your 2011 and did it help it at all? It says to modify shift points so I was wondering if it changed the behavior. I would buy it just for that.

#5 OFFLINE   Scrming

Scrming

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:19 AM

Nice vid, thanks for the reply. I too have 2 daughters of similar ages and they love the launches from a dead stop and keep telling me "Go faster daddy!" LOL. Not sure what type of set-up I'll do yet but yours is simple and effective, most likely take that route.

Another question for you and the Livernois stage4+ set-up you have. My 2010 tranny shifts terribly at lower speeds and more noticeably around town in the stop and go traffic even after updates to the ECM. Did you ever have this in your 2011 and did it help it at all? It says to modify shift points so I was wondering if it changed the behavior. I would buy it just for that.

Yes, the girls do the "Do the EcoBoost!" cheer! LOL!

I didn't have any tranny issue with the stock tune... yes, they were slow and a bit mushy, but ok for driving around town... didn't really have an issue with it... That being said if you do go with Livernois you get the whole range of tunes, including Stage 1 which is simply a tranny tune... no extra timing or boost... I will say though that Stage 4+ (which does require 93 octane) is flat out CRAZY! The transformation is almost unbelievable!

They need to update their list for Stage 4+:

- Stage 1 - SCT X-Cal 3 w/ transmission modifications with reduced torque management and removed speed limiter
- Stage 2 - SCT X-Cal 3 w/ raised boost, increased timing, transmission modifications with reduced torque management, and removed speed limiter
- Stage 3 - SCT X-Cal 3 w/ raised boost, increased timing, transmission modifications with no torque management, and removed speed limiter
- Stage 4 - SCT X-Cal 3 w/ raised boost, increased timing, transmission modifications with no torque management, and removed speed limiter

Stage 4+ is stage 4 but keeps some of the torque management... I picked up like 80 ft/lbs of torque at 2500 RPM! The Flex absolutely jumps off the line!!

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·