Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

2011 Flex OEM dvd headrest

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   FLYING BRICK

FLYING BRICK

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Ford Flex Limited w/EcoBoost AKA: Flying Brick

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:08 PM

Can anyone help me with this? I am looking to purchase OEM dvd headrest for my 2011 Flex Limited but I cant find part numbers for the kit. Ford dealer says only available as separate items, not sold as kit. I see the 2-11-12 with thes factory installed, just cant find them anywhere. I have the black interior. Does anyone know if the 2011-12 Ford Explorer DVD headrest units are the same or interchangable? Amy help would be much appreciated

#2 OFFLINE   DmitriyDang

DmitriyDang

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Facebook
  • 9 posts
  • Location:Moscow, Russian Federation it is cold in here...-4F
  • Current Vehicle:Lincoln MKT Ecoboost Elite

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:45 AM

Oh...sorry for posting in your topic but i've got same question for 2010 Lincoln MKT headrests, can't find the way to buy some...don't want to install some chineese

#3 OFFLINE   Pizboin

Pizboin

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 7 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2012 ford flex sel awd

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:58 PM

Can anyone help me with this? I am looking to purchase OEM dvd headrest for my 2011 Flex Limited but I cant find part numbers for the kit. Ford dealer says only available as separate items, not sold as kit. I see the 2-11-12 with thes factory installed, just cant find them anywhere. I have the black interior. Does anyone know if the 2011-12 Ford Explorer DVD headrest units are the same or interchangable? Amy help would be much appreciated

just an fyi, but the factory headrest are overpriced and so far behind the aftermarket. You can get oem matched custom led headrests with dvd for much less aftermarket that will blow away the factory both with performance and looks. The ford oem is so bulky it looks years old.

Try
http://gryphonmobile..._info.php?id=61

Or companies like advent, rosen, myron davis, vizualogic.....

#4 OFFLINE   Raincity

Raincity

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 19 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Flex Limited Ecoboost

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:47 AM

I had the factory DVD headrests installed after the fact and as Pizboin has mentioned already, there are better alternatives. Only reason why I went OEM was to comply with warranty. The headrests are substantially larger and the quality of the picture could be better. For what the OEM headrests cost, you can have better aftermarket ones installed for the same price and avoid bulky headrests. Dealer(VS. installed at factory) installed DVD head rests DO NOT operate with the SYNC system either, so changing DVD's requires you to swap movies at the headrest which is a pain if your kids are young like mine and unable to do it themselves. Also, I have had issues finding a video format the DVD recognizes through the USB port(thumbstick).

After saying all that I can comfortably bring my Flex in for warranty work without them telling me I've added aftermarket electrical components and warranty is questionable(previous experience) and regarding the quality....my kids are quite pleased to be watching their shows even if it's not 1080p.

#5 OFFLINE   Liteman

Liteman

Liteman

• Ford Flex Members
  • 30 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Ford Flex SEL

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:46 AM

You could try Best Buy, I found a set there. They also said that they could install also.

#6 OFFLINE   Raincity

Raincity

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 19 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Flex Limited Ecoboost

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:09 AM

You could try Best Buy, I found a set there. They also said that they could install also.

I would NEVER let BestBuy touch any vehicle! Take it to a competant installer!

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·