Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Direct Injection worries

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Raincity

Raincity

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 19 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Flex Limited Ecoboost

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:10 AM

My friend has a 2007 VW GTI turbo 2.0L FSI (70K+kilometers) and has been having some issues with misfires. Fault codes only read as being missfires, not a bad coilpack or anything else. Been hearing of other peoples direct injection engines that have been having reduced performance and detonation due to excessive carbon build up. His was no exception! Even with the help of water/meth, it was worse than we had thought.

Well, I'm not about to tear apart the Flex but I'm a little worried about future issues. Anybody have any experience with this? A company named BG has a direct injection cleaner but I think there is dis-assembly of at least the intake manifold? Not sure.

Posted Image

Edited by Raincity, 17 January 2012 - 11:37 AM.

#2 OFFLINE   Midnight Rider

Midnight Rider

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 68 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Flex

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:01 PM

What gas was he using?

#3 OFFLINE   Raincity

Raincity

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 19 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Flex Limited Ecoboost

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:02 PM

What gas was he using?

Car is tuned for 94 oct only, it can be ran on lower octanes but at lower boost. This has NOTHING to do with fuel quality.

#4 OFFLINE   Midnight Rider

Midnight Rider

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 68 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Flex

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:11 PM

OK, thanks!

#5 OFFLINE   Scrming

Scrming

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 25 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Flex EB

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:49 AM

My friend has a 2007 VW GTI turbo 2.0L FSI (70K+kilometers) and has been having some issues with misfires. Fault codes only read as being missfires, not a bad coilpack or anything else. Been hearing of other peoples direct injection engines that have been having reduced performance and detonation due to excessive carbon build up. His was no exception! Even with the help of water/meth, it was worse than we had thought.

Well, I'm not about to tear apart the Flex but I'm a little worried about future issues. Anybody have any experience with this? A company named BG has a direct injection cleaner but I think there is dis-assembly of at least the intake manifold? Not sure.

Posted Image

Yes, this has been a concern for DI owners... However from what I've been able to dig up it appears that Ford has a good handle on this! I've got 20,000 mile on my EB and I'll be taking the intake tube off in the next couple weeks, so I'll be able to at least inspect the intake tube and TB to see how much oil is in the intake tract... will keep you posted.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·