Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Flex in the snow!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Raincity

Raincity

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 19 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Flex Limited Ecoboost

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:19 PM

Finally had the chance to give the Flex a real good test in the snow last night! I have to say, it's a fun killer. Recently bought some Bridgestone WS70 in 235/65/17 on aftermarket wheels, great performance. But I have to say, I tried drifting the Flex with the traction control OFF and it kept me from putting it sideways. It's definitely the ABS preventing me, as long as it's kept straight I can spin the tires as much as I want. With traction control ON it was cutting power even before I could get enough speed to try to swing it around. It's mainly my wife that drives it and her confidence is much better with this set-up. I'm impressed but this is also my first AWD vehicle.

Edited by Raincity, 16 January 2012 - 10:42 AM.

#2 OFFLINE   Midnight Rider

Midnight Rider

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 68 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Flex

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:16 PM

Tried mine in the snow, only about 4 inches of greasy stuff, on a hill. Couldn't get the wheels to spin, it just shot up the hill like the pavement was dry. (TCS on.) Only problem I see is the low ground clearance,and the air dam up front is just begging to get taken off by deep snow. I'm used to a Jeep with 9" clearance.
The ABS works fine, too. This is my first car with it.

#3 OFFLINE   Floridianman

Floridianman

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 19 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 limited

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:34 PM

My 2013 flex limited AWD with new michelin 235/55R19 tires ripped through the snow.  floored the gas the flex took off like a bat out of hell.  shot up a hill.  Slam on the breaks  the ABS kicks in and kept it straight.  much better than a jeep liberty we used to own.

#4 OFFLINE   vwguy0429

vwguy0429

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 9 posts
  • Region:Canada Atlantic Provinces
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Flex 2009 Limited AWD

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:53 PM

yes my flex is great in the snow, I have been able to get through snow that many other trucks were stuck in...LOL...of the facial expressions as I crept on by without as much of a slip while they were in the ditch

#5 OFFLINE   scotty5484

scotty5484

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 64 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Flex Limited Ecoboost, 2011 Camaro SS/RS conv. and 2002 Ford Ranger Edge

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:32 AM

My Flex is great in the snow and I'm all over MI and IL in the Winter. I replaced the tires at 65,000 miles with the same Goodyear RSAs.

#6 OFFLINE   whitechristmas

whitechristmas

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:08 PM

My Flex- my first Flex a 2009 sel AWD was great in snow. My parents live on the highest hill in their county and my Flex just walks up the driveway in all but glare ice conditions.

I just bought a 2013 sel AWD but no snow to test in yet.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·