Looking to buy a 2009 Flex Limited but the local inventory is mostly 2WD. We live in Chicago and realistically only about 10 days of snow on roads. Does the AWD provide any additional handling or turning benefits versus the 2WD. Does the 2WD have traction and stability control?
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members
- Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Guest Message by DevFuse
2WD versus AWD on 2009 Flex Limited
1 reply to this topic
Posted 17 December 2011 - 07:17 AM
Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:41 AM
2WD has the traction control and stability control. IMHO, based on our ownership of the 2009 SEL FWD, if you have 4 snow tires, there is no reason for need of AWD. Your area is fairly flat, so you are even better off than I am in my area, I'd not worry about FWD at all. Besides, you are saving a little bit of fuel for all those days that AWD does zippo.