Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Ordered our 2012 Flex

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   lisa-jason

lisa-jason

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 16 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Limited Tuxedo Black Flex with Silver roof with ecoboost

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:39 PM

We ordered our Flex on October 24th, 2011. I've wanted this car from the moment I first saw one driving down the road. And now our time has come to own one :D. We are so excited and comb this site daily because it makes us feel connected to our car. We have been told that our car is being built next week and we should have a VIN then too. It's hard to know if what you're being told is true or not. All I know is that I am so excited and can hardly wait to be behind the wheel driving my new Ford Flex. Hopefully, it is sooner than later. Please, please, please be before Christmas.

Our Flex-
2012 Limited Ecoboost Tuxedo Black with Ingot Silver roof, wish they would let us order the White Suede, but not an option
Navigation, DVD, Vista Roof, Bench Seat, Charcoal Black Leather interior, Tow Package

I can't wait......... :happy feet:

#2 OFFLINE   blivitz

blivitz

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 12 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Flex AWD Limited EB

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:45 PM

Have you received it yet? any idea when you will see it?
We ordered ours on Oct 19th, very similar just different colors.
Deep Blue Pearl with Medium Light Stone.
Dealer has said we will receive it either before Dec 5th, on Dec 5th or after Dec. 5th.
Very helpful that dealer!

#3 OFFLINE   monte

monte

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 38 posts
  • Current Vehicle:F150, Explorer, 2012 Flex Limited w/EcoBoost

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:28 PM

Welcome to you both. My flex is riding the rails at the moment and has an ETA of Nov. 21 I ordered mine August 30. It has been a long wait indeed. You can call Ford's customer service and they can give you the VIN if it has been issued. You can also pm "Cory" who works in Ford's customer service. Great person, really busy so give him a few days to respond.

Monte

#4 OFFLINE   lisa-jason

lisa-jason

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:07 PM

Have you received it yet? any idea when you will see it?
We ordered ours on Oct 19th, very similar just different colors.
Dealer has said we will receive it either before Dec 5th, on Dec 5th or after Dec. 5th.

We haven't heard anything yet. However, I did get in touch with Cory through the forum and he checked and said he found the order but there isn't a VIN or production date yet. I just read Montes post and wow, that is a long wait. I've been keeping my fingers crossed for before Christmas, but I have a feeling it's going to be much later. Lets keep in touch and see where we both end up. I thought I read a post somewhere else by you that said you got a VIN. Do you have one yet

#5 OFFLINE   lisa-jason

lisa-jason

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:12 PM

Welcome to you both. My flex is riding the rails at the moment and has an ETA of Nov. 21 I ordered mine August 30. It has been a long wait indeed. You can call Ford's customer service and they can give you the VIN if it has been issued. You can also pm "Cory" who works in Ford's customer service. Great person, really busy so give him a few days to respond.

Monte

Wow, I bet you you can hardly wait for next week. I think this is going to be a long wait and being on this forum only makes me want my car more.....

#6 OFFLINE   blivitz

blivitz

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:53 AM

We haven't heard anything yet. However, I did get in touch with Cory through the forum and he checked and said he found the order but there isn't a VIN or production date yet. I just read Montes post and wow, that is a long wait. I've been keeping my fingers crossed for before Christmas, but I have a feeling it's going to be much later. Lets keep in touch and see where we both end up. I thought I read a post somewhere else by you that said you got a VIN. Do you have one yet

I have a VIN, which allows me to view the window sticker.
That gave me a warm fuzzy because, not only could I tell it was it getting close to being built, but I could confirm it was optioned as I ordered.
The dealer told me it was being built the week of Nov 14th, but the window sticker has the date 11 07 11 on it. it may have been built the week before.
My dealer told me they update the "system" on Thursday evenings, so I try to call the dealer on Fridays to get an update.
Hopefully soon. We may do a 800 mile trip over Thanksgiving, It sure would be nice to take the Flex.

#7 OFFLINE   FordCustomerService

FordCustomerService

New Flex Member

• Official Ford Motor Co
  • 265 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:02 AM

Welcome to you both. My flex is riding the rails at the moment and has an ETA of Nov. 21 I ordered mine August 30. It has been a long wait indeed. You can call Ford's customer service and they can give you the VIN if it has been issued. You can also pm "Cory" who works in Ford's customer service. Great person, really busy so give him a few days to respond...

Thanks for the awesome shout-out, monte! :D A quick check on your order and I can see you’re still on track!

...We ordered ours on Oct 19th, very similar just different colors.

blivitz,

I’m happy to keep tabs on your Flex, like monte mentioned. For me to do that, send a PM with your VIN or order number & dealer name/dealer code.

Wow, I bet you you can hardly wait for next week. I think this is going to be a long wait and being on this forum only makes me want my car more.....

lisa-jason,

I can imagine the wait will be easier because you’re on these boards. ;) Maybe someone will be nice and post some pictures of theirs. :D

Cory

#8 OFFLINE   blivitz

blivitz

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:37 AM

Thanks for the awesome shout-out, monte! :D A quick check on your order and I can see you’re still on track!

blivitz,

I’m happy to keep tabs on your Flex, like monte mentioned. For me to do that, send a PM with your VIN or order number & dealer name/dealer code.

lisa-jason,

I can imagine the wait will be easier because you’re on these boards. ;) Maybe someone will be nice and post some pictures of theirs. :D

Cory

Cory, I have PM'd you with the VIN.
You are correct, being on the board is helpful, I already know what floor mats I'm going to put down and I'm happy with my option list.
Everyone here is very happy with their Flex, no matter the year or the motor.

#9 OFFLINE   FordCustomerService

FordCustomerService

New Flex Member

• Official Ford Motor Co
  • 265 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:36 AM

Cory, I have PM'd you with the VIN.
You are correct, being on the board is helpful, I already know what floor mats I'm going to put down and I'm happy with my option list.
Everyone here is very happy with their Flex, no matter the year or the motor.

Thanks a bunch for the heads up, blivitz! I sent you the current status for your order, so check your inbox if you haven’t already. :D

BTW, I really appreciate your kind words! :dance:

Cory

#10 OFFLINE   blivitz

blivitz

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:44 AM

Thanks a bunch for the heads up, blivitz! I sent you the current status for your order, so check your inbox if you haven't already. :D

BTW, I really appreciate your kind words! :dance:

Cory

Special thanks to Cory.
My Flex has rolled off the line and now comes the hard part, it is currently "Awaiting Shipment".
I'll let you know when it arrives.

#11 OFFLINE   FordCustomerService

FordCustomerService

New Flex Member

• Official Ford Motor Co
  • 265 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:16 AM

Special thanks to Cory.
My Flex has rolled off the line and now comes the hard part, it is currently "Awaiting Shipment".

You’re very welcome, blivitz! Once it starts making its way to your dealer, the ETA will update so check in with me when you’d like an update. :lurk:

Cory

#12 OFFLINE   lisa-jason

lisa-jason

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:42 PM

Special thanks to Cory.

You lucky duck. Looks like you might have your car for that long road trip after all. :beerchug:
Lisa

#13 OFFLINE   FordCustomerService

FordCustomerService

New Flex Member

• Official Ford Motor Co
  • 265 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:00 PM

You lucky duck. Looks like you might have your car for that long road trip after all. :beerchug:
Lisa

Lisa,

You’ll be a lucky duck soon now that your Flex has a VIN. :yup: Hopefully you’re planning your own road trip. :D

Cory

#14 OFFLINE   blivitz

blivitz

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:48 AM

Lisa,

You'll be a lucky duck soon now that your Flex has a VIN. :yup: Hopefully you're planning your own road trip. :D

Cory

Doesn't look like we will have the new Flex for the road trip.
My dealer is sticking to his 12/5 delivery date.
Gonna be another 1,000 miles on the 10 year old bmw.

Cory, let me know if you see anything different. and btw, your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Monte - did you get your new ride?

#15 OFFLINE   FordCustomerService

FordCustomerService

New Flex Member

• Official Ford Motor Co
  • 265 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:05 AM

...Cory, let me know if you see anything different. and btw, your assistance is greatly appreciated...

I did some research on your order, blivitz. I found some great news and forwarded it to you via PM. Check your inbox for the details. :D

Cory

#16 OFFLINE   monte

monte

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 38 posts
  • Current Vehicle:F150, Explorer, 2012 Flex Limited w/EcoBoost

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:10 AM

Doesn't look like we will have the new Flex for the road trip.
My dealer is sticking to his 12/5 delivery date.
Gonna be another 1,000 miles on the 10 year old bmw.

Cory, let me know if you see anything different. and btw, your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Monte - did you get your new ride?

I did!!

Posted Image

#17 OFFLINE   lisa-jason

lisa-jason

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:29 PM

[quote name='monte' timestamp='1321989023' post='10339']
I did!!

Posted Image
[/quote

SWEET

#18 OFFLINE   lisa-jason

lisa-jason

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:09 AM

Just viewed my window sticker. Woohoo, the wait is almost over.....

Lisa

#19 OFFLINE   FordCustomerService

FordCustomerService

New Flex Member

• Official Ford Motor Co
  • 265 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:43 AM

I did!!...

Thanks for the pic, Monte! She’s gorgeous! :D

That’s great, Lisa! Now that the online window sticker has updated, it will be a couple days until it rolls off the line. :shades:

Cory

#20 OFFLINE   blivitz

blivitz

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:50 AM

Lisa

Hang in there, the wait is worth it.
We picked ours up last wednesday. Sorry I don't have any pictures yet, weather has been crappy here.
It arrived on the same day as the fitted floor mats I had ordered - perfect.
I was very happy to see they put Goodyear Eagle RS-A tires on instead of the Hankook's that people have been complaining about.
It feels rock solid (well at 4,780 lbs. it's no light weight) and the EB engine really moves it along.
The dealer spent a significant amount of time with us during delivery and invited us to come back anytime for a Sync refresher. (I'm a gonna need it)
I just ordered a set of crossbars for the roof rack, maybe they will come in time to throw the christmas tree up there.
The first long road trip is going to be very pleasant.

2012 Flex Limited AWD EB (302A)
Deep Blue Pearl
Monochromatic roof
Light Stone interior
Panoramic Vista roof
Roof rails
Nav
2nd row 40/40 autofold seats
2nd row floor console
Tow pkg.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·