Ford doubles down on flagging Flex for 2013
Sales down, retention up as new model debuts in L.A.
Detroit News. Alisa Priddle
Ford Motor Co. is upgrading — not abandoning — the Ford Flex for the 2013 model year.
The Flex was introduced in 2008 and filled the gap left when Ford abandoned the minivan segment. But the seven-passenger family vehicle — part wagon, minivan and crossover — has failed to excite buyers.
Sales of about 23,000 through October are down almost 22 percent, and Ford sold fewer than 35,000 in 2010, down almost 12 percent from the previous year, according to Autodata Corp.
Ford executives repeatedly have said there are no plans to discontinue the Flex, insisting it has its place in the lineup.
Click here to read more
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members
- Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Guest Message by DevFuse
Ford Flex - Ford Insists That It's here to Stay
1 reply to this topic