Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Crack in d-pillar

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   drew1982

drew1982

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Ford Flex limited kona blue

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:42 PM

While detailing my Flex this past weekend I noticed a slight crack in the top part of the d-pillar. I checked the other side and the same crack was in the same spot. Did some research to find out this is a common problem with the flex. Just wondering if it is covered under warranty and if so how long it will take to replace them? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Drew

Edited by drew1982, 07 November 2011 - 07:43 PM.

#2 OFFLINE   Aquabob

Aquabob

I'm Flex-able

• Ford Flex Members
  • 11 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Flex SEL, Silver/black

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:25 AM

Can you post a picture of it?

And perhaps a link to the research?

Much appreciated.

#3 OFFLINE   T1M

T1M

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Flex Limited AWD NA

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:16 AM

While detailing my Flex this past weekend I noticed a slight crack in the top part of the d-pillar. I checked the other side and the same crack was in the same spot. Did some research to find out this is a common problem with the flex. Just wondering if it is covered under warranty and if so how long it will take to replace them? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Drew

I have the same problem. The corner is broken all of the way through on the passenger side and the crack is just starting on the other. Did you ever get it fixed?

#4 OFFLINE   TinysFlex

TinysFlex

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Ford Flex

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:27 PM

Drew

hello drew i have a ford flex 2010 bought it brand new.. and i am having the same issue i already have taking it back to the dealer to get it exchange like 7 months ago and im having the same issue please try to call ford in inform them this problem. this issue is gonna cost alot to fix if you dont have warranty. I am trying to get this problem fixed from the main Ford Company..

Tiny

#5 OFFLINE   drew1982

drew1982

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Ford Flex limited kona blue

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:04 PM

[quote name='Aquabob' timestamp='1323714335' post='10469']
Can you post a picture of it?

And perhaps a link to the research?

Much appreciated.

I just had the D-pillar repaired at my local ford dealership. I was amazed how easy the whole process was. I went in ready for battle with the dealer, but he just looked at the cracks and said OK. He ordered the parts and a week later I dropped the car off. The whole repair took two days because they have to remove the rear window panels to have access to the rivets causing the cracks in the D-pillars and repaint the rubbed section on the body from the pillar itself. I am completely satisfied with their work and it looks perfect, can't complain.

Go to FordFlex.net for the pictures and info, I can't figure out how to post the link on this forum.

Drew

#6 OFFLINE   NEWTON

NEWTON

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Flex Limited

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:46 PM

Have 2011 Flex,cracks began showing up about two weeks ago. Both sides have it, Took car to local Ford dealer.Yes it is being covered by warrenty, two days to get parts will have to leave car for day.Dealer is giving me a loaner during repair. He did say they had not seen this befor mentioned forum comments some dealers shying away from repair comments. He mentioned repair being done by collision shop maybe dealers did not have collision shops. Will report back on this situation when finished. Thank you guys for your insight and stories they do help.

#7 OFFLINE   ACDII

ACDII

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:33 PM

Well from what I heard the rear glass comes out to replace these, so a body shop most likely has to do it.

#8 OFFLINE   NEWTON

NEWTON

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Flex Limited

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:30 PM

Well both D pillars replaced, yes the two rear quarter windows have to be removed. Job was done in one day work looks great now we will have to see if this returns. Can only say good things about my Ford dealer at this time. I was told they just had a brand new one, owner wanted it painted one color they had to replace pillars on that one also because shop noticed cracks prior to painting.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·