Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Winter tires for Ecoboost

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Welshstar

Welshstar

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 05:57 PM

Hi

I have a 2010 limited Ecoboost, it has 21,000 miles on it now and apart from having the mods to teh front brakes done under warranty the car has been faultless.

However its now time to replace the crappy Goodyear OEM tires, can anyone report on what winter or 4 season tires they have had sucess with please I have the 245 55 20 wheels so its an expensive purchase

Thanks

Alan

#2 OFFLINE   scotty5484

scotty5484

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 64 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Flex Limited Ecoboost, 2011 Camaro SS/RS conv. and 2002 Ford Ranger Edge

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:06 AM

I ran my EB Flex all last Winter in Michigan snow and it was excellent with the stock tires so I would be inclined to replace them with the same. Check on www.tirerack.com to see what they recommend.

#3 OFFLINE   Raincity

Raincity

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 19 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Flex Limited Ecoboost

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:17 PM

Source a set of OEM Flex 18" wheels in the local classifieds(see if you can get the TPM included). 18" seems to have a bit more selection and you'll save a little with mounting/dismounting the rubber plus the wear and tear of your 20" wheels. The added sidewall also helps absorb bumps.

#4 OFFLINE   Flex42

Flex42

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:07 PM

I bought a set of factory 18" wheels of eBay for $200 for the set (brand new takeoffs) and run the factory size tire for that wheel which I think is 235/55/18. I am running Yokohoma Geolander G072. I have been happy with these in winter driving conditions and far out preform the stock 255/45/20 tires in snow, but of course don't feel as nice when on dry pavement. IMO I would never run an all season tire in the winter if you have to deal with snow and ice. There is just way to big a difference between modern winter tires and 4 season tires.
Though I am not in love with the stock Goodyear tires, they are adaquate and should last to the end of the lease given the use of the winter tires for a 1/3 of the year.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·