Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

do dealers prefer to order or sell inventory?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   puwupupu

puwupupu

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts
  • Current Vehicle:VW Beetle

Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:23 PM

Hi all..

I know it sounds like a dumb question, but i just want to confirm what i suspected

i was at the dealership today and was so excited to order my flex, but when we tried to negotiate, they will not budge (they say it's x-plan pricing), but somehow as we were leaving, the salesperson seems to indicate there can be negotiations if they find an exact vehicle somewhere else, instead of ordering...wanna hear y'all thoughts.

also, is there generally no further negotiations/discounts from x plan? And the current incentives end on 10/3, any idea how frequent these incentives are available?

THANKS!!!

#2 OFFLINE   MaxiCooper

MaxiCooper

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 15 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Flex SEL

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:21 AM

Hi all..

I know it sounds like a dumb question, but i just want to confirm what i suspected

i was at the dealership today and was so excited to order my flex, but when we tried to negotiate, they will not budge (they say it's x-plan pricing), but somehow as we were leaving, the salesperson seems to indicate there can be negotiations if they find an exact vehicle somewhere else, instead of ordering...wanna hear y'all thoughts.

also, is there generally no further negotiations/discounts from x plan? And the current incentives end on 10/3, any idea how frequent these incentives are available?

THANKS!!!

There are generally no negotiations on X-plan pricing. All available incentives apply on top of the price, so X-plan usually works out well.
Typically, dealers receive incentives from the factory on allocation vehicles which is why they don't want to order a car for you... They already make less money by ordering it.

#3 OFFLINE   ksnax

ksnax

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Flex AWD SEL

Posted 09 October 2011 - 02:14 PM

We just picked up our SEL friday with $4k in incentives through Ford Credit on x-plan.

In general, dealers always prefer to move what is on the lot if it is not the most recent model year or if it is about to become last year's model. New inventory is often coming whether they order it or not, so they need to make room.

On a straight purchase, x-plan is pretty close to as good as it gets, though we managed to beat that a few years ago when Ford pushed the Family Plan, allowing us to knock roughly 20% off of MSRP on an F150!

When talking trade-ins for x-plan purchasing however, it is ALWAYS best to start talking trade value first. Don't mention X-plan until you've got that more or less resolved. Once you've got an agreeable figure nailed down, then you can start talking about making the purchase work, where the only bargaining chips are simplified to credit points or your cash down. You won't necessarily get a better deal this way, but it puts into more clear terms what you are really working with.

We told our sales rep straight out what pre-approval we had obtained for credit on our own before throwing it into his court to work out what he could on our trade-in, available cash ($0), and financing terms. They no doubt took a cut on setting us up with Ford Credit vs. who we got pre-approved with, but it allowed them to make adjustments within our conditions of established trade value and purchase price. We still got into if for no cash down - and saved 0.1% on the APR as well.

#4 OFFLINE   puwupupu

puwupupu

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts
  • Current Vehicle:VW Beetle

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:03 PM

Thanks guys! I didn't have much luck getting any discount off x-plan, but i got my ford flex brochure in the mail today and there is a $750 private cash offer inside! Just thought I'd share!

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·