Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members
- Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Posted 01 October 2011 - 06:27 AM
Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:51 AM
Just wanted to share a recent experience with you in regards to grades of gas. My 2011 Ecoboost Flex has a little over 3000 miles on it. I admit it's not even completely through the break in process. I have used 93 octane from day 1 until my last fill. I had a wild and crazy day and went with 87. In all my previous 93 tanks I would get 16 mpg every tank. Just wanted to let the world know that under the same driving conditions and habits I am easily over 18 mpg with the 87 grade. (This is a combination of highway and city driving)
Interesting... usually the opposite is true! Normally your MPG goes up a bit with the higher octane.... have you done more than one tank with 87?