Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

MPG, 87-91-93

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   TurboZ

TurboZ

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 2 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Flex

Posted 01 October 2011 - 06:27 AM

Just wanted to share a recent experience with you in regards to grades of gas. My 2011 Ecoboost Flex has a little over 3000 miles on it. I admit it's not even completely through the break in process. I have used 93 octane from day 1 until my last fill. I had a wild and crazy day and went with 87. In all my previous 93 tanks I would get 16 mpg every tank. Just wanted to let the world know that under the same driving conditions and habits I am easily over 18 mpg with the 87 grade. (This is a combination of highway and city driving)

#2 OFFLINE   Scrming

Scrming

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 25 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Flex EB

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:51 AM

Just wanted to share a recent experience with you in regards to grades of gas. My 2011 Ecoboost Flex has a little over 3000 miles on it. I admit it's not even completely through the break in process. I have used 93 octane from day 1 until my last fill. I had a wild and crazy day and went with 87. In all my previous 93 tanks I would get 16 mpg every tank. Just wanted to let the world know that under the same driving conditions and habits I am easily over 18 mpg with the 87 grade. (This is a combination of highway and city driving)

Interesting... usually the opposite is true! Normally your MPG goes up a bit with the higher octane.... have you done more than one tank with 87?

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·