Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

9/26/11 Ordered new flex

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   RedSled

RedSled

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 2 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Ecoboost Flex

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:50 AM

Just for my own sanity, I really wish I could make sense of the scheduling process. I ordered the day before you did, and just two days ago was able to see my window sticker. Supposed to be produced Nov. 7. Limited w/EcoBoost

Monte

They had said 6 - 8 weeks when I ordered mine and it took 9.
No notice till the day it arrived.
Good luck; it is worth the wait. Amazingly solid; I love the feel of the AWD with the power of the ecoboost.
Can't wait to finish breaking her in gently; slap in a K & N and see what she'll do!

#42 OFFLINE   cosshog

cosshog

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 51 posts
  • Current Vehicle:harley

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:17 PM

I have read much about not using oiled filters with the new sensors. I have used K&N for years and still will with my bikes but not on my Flex switching to a performance paper filter this time. Happy to hear you are happy with purchase anxiously awaiting the arrival of ours.

b

#43 OFFLINE   puwupupu

puwupupu

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts
  • Current Vehicle:VW Beetle

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:17 PM

Hi guys!
I ordered on 10/7 and was told by my dealer that it was scheduled to be built on 11/4 and then it would be here 15 days after (I am in Charlotte, NC). I emailed him yesterday to ask for an update and if we have a VIN, he said that the car has been built but no VIN yet. I thought typically we get VIN before being built? Maybe I am wrong...but he seems to be pretty sure there is no delay...

#44 OFFLINE   monte

monte

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 38 posts
  • Current Vehicle:F150, Explorer, 2012 Flex Limited w/EcoBoost

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:12 PM

Hi guys!
I ordered on 10/7 and was told by my dealer that it was scheduled to be built on 11/4 and then it would be here 15 days after (I am in Charlotte, NC). I emailed him yesterday to ask for an update and if we have a VIN, he said that the car has been built but no VIN yet. I thought typically we get VIN before being built? Maybe I am wrong...but he seems to be pretty sure there is no delay...

(IMHO) There is no way it was built without a VIN being assigned.

Monte

#45 OFFLINE   FordCustomerService

FordCustomerService

New Flex Member

• Official Ford Motor Co
  • 265 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:47 AM

...Happy to hear you are happy with purchase anxiously awaiting the arrival of ours.

Cosshog,

I checked in on your status and can see everything is still on track!

Hi guys!

Congratulations on your order, puwupupu! I can look up the VIN and your current status. Send a PM with your order number & dealer name/dealer code and Iíll send you the details I find. :D

(IMHO) There is no way it was built without a VIN being assigned.

Monte

Monte,

No need to be humble about informing Puwupupu correctly B). The VIN is assigned when the vehicle is scheduled to be built.

Cory

#46 OFFLINE   puwupupu

puwupupu

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts
  • Current Vehicle:VW Beetle

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:20 PM

Thanks guys! yeah, i thought no VIN was weird..this is what I was told "It has been built. No VIN as of Friday".

#47 OFFLINE   LECDO

LECDO

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Soon to be 2012 FLEX

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:38 PM

Thanks guys! yeah, i thought no VIN was weird..this is what I was told "It has been built. No VIN as of Friday".

The Dealer and "Sales Rep" have been the most frustrating part of this wait. Ordered in early Sept. Never got a VIN or info about a window sticker/ build date. Now after seeing the window sticker the dealer is saying it could be another month yet until it arrives.?? I live 7 hours from the Oakville plant. What's the supply and demand concept here?

Hope you get your vehicle soon. Good Luck.

#48 OFFLINE   Waldo

Waldo

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:08 AM

Well the demand for carpet is very high, the supply is very low. Ford's not going to ship anything until they put carpet in it, so you might be stuck waiting a bit.

#49 OFFLINE   cosshog

cosshog

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:31 PM

Ok, my window sticker posted today and thank goodness I checked the sticker is incorrect from my order. I ordered 40/40 bucket seats in the rear and the window sticker shows 60/40 bench. I called my dealer and he is off today and the dealer manager was in a meeting so I left him a message. Then I sent Cory a PM. Then I called the customer service line on Cory's sig and spoke with one of the reps who spoke with his manager and they have assigned a case number to it. Now I am waiting for the selling dealership to call me back because I was told they need to verify the change although it is not really a change but a mistake by someone, may just be window sticker mistake (hopefully) because my order form showed bucket seats. I will keep you up to date as this unfolds. :( :(

#50 OFFLINE   LECDO

LECDO

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:26 PM

Well the demand for carpet is very high, the supply is very low. Ford's not going to ship anything until they put carpet in it, so you might be stuck waiting a bit.

ok, thanks. Doesn't account for lack of customer service though.

#51 OFFLINE   cosshog

cosshog

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:06 AM

Update after some research the dealer submitted my order wrong and it is to late to change the current order. They did offer to take some money off if I took order as is but we ordered it to get everything the way we wanted it. The dealer is now searching inventory to see if by chance there are any out there the way we want it, if not we will need to re-order.

#52 OFFLINE   monte

monte

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:15 AM

Update after some research the dealer submitted my order wrong and it is to late to change the current order. They did offer to take some money off if I took order as is but we ordered it to get everything the way we wanted it. The dealer is now searching inventory to see if by chance there are any out there the way we want it, if not we will need to re-order.

That blows!
Did he give you a copy of the order transaction when he submitted it to Ford? I asked for this the day he submitted just to be sure the order was right. My Flex left the yesterday and is now riding the rails south. Posted Image

ETA got pushed out 3 days so it looks like it arrives on Thanksgiving. I would sacrifice a turkey for the vehicle!!

Monte

#53 OFFLINE   LECDO

LECDO

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:08 PM

That blows!
Did he give you a copy of the order transaction when he submitted it to Ford? I asked for this the day he submitted just to be sure the order was right. My Flex left the yesterday and is now riding the rails south. Posted Image

ETA got pushed out 3 days so it looks like it arrives on Thanksgiving. I would sacrifice a turkey for the vehicle!!

Monte

Good news for you. Our vehicle is "awaiting shipment" for the last 2 weeks. What a joke.

#54 OFFLINE   cosshog

cosshog

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:04 PM

Congrats Monte very exciting news for you. Lecdo hang in there you are much closer than I.

Dealer called late tonight as we figured there are none out there within 900 miles, so my order was submitted with the specs we want. will update soon. :banghead:

#55 OFFLINE   FordCustomerService

FordCustomerService

New Flex Member

• Official Ford Motor Co
  • 265 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 11 November 2011 - 05:31 AM

Hi guys,

I’m sorry for not replying in this thread sooner; I’ve been out battling the flu. The good news is that I’m back! I will be replying to the PMs in my inbox as soon as possible! :)

Cory

Edited by FordCustomerService, 11 November 2011 - 06:37 AM.

#56 OFFLINE   cosshog

cosshog

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 12:49 PM

Dealer could not find any Flex's out there the way I ordered mine. New order submitted on 11-11-11.

#57 OFFLINE   monte

monte

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 01:49 PM

Dealer could not find any Flex's out there the way I ordered mine. New order submitted on 11-11-11.

Hell of a number though...best of luck.. keep us informed.

Monte

#58 OFFLINE   lisa-jason

lisa-jason

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 16 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Limited Tuxedo Black Flex with Silver roof with ecoboost

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:06 PM

Hello all, today I ordered a 2012 flex limited ecoboost mineral gray. I will update in this thread as to time frames and delivery. Does anybody know how to contact someone at plant to get pics of it being built, I have heard of this being done and like the idea.

bry

Hi,
I noticed that we ordered our 2012 Flex the same week. About 4 weeks ago. I'm reading things about people looking at their window stickers, etc. We haven't received anything from our dealer yet. We have been calling them weekly for updates and were told that our car is being built next week and we will get the VIN then. What updates are you getting from your dealer.

Jason

#59 OFFLINE   monte

monte

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:03 PM

Hi,
I noticed that we ordered our 2012 Flex the same week. About 4 weeks ago. I'm reading things about people looking at their window stickers, etc. We haven't received anything from our dealer yet. We have been calling them weekly for updates and were told that our car is being built next week and we will get the VIN then. What updates are you getting from your dealer.

Jason

Dealer info is slow. Not sure why because they have access to the same info as everyone else. Call Ford's customer service number and ask them for the VIN. If it is being built next week, it has a VIN already.

Monte

Edited by monte, 13 November 2011 - 02:24 PM.

#60 OFFLINE   lisa-jason

lisa-jason

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 16 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Limited Tuxedo Black Flex with Silver roof with ecoboost

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:24 PM

Dealer info is slow. Not sure why because they have access to the same info as everyone else. Call Ford's customer service number and ask them for the VIN. If it is being built next week, it has a VIN already.

Montre

Thanks, I will call tomorrow.
Jason

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·