Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

9/26/11 Ordered new flex

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   monte

monte

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 38 posts
  • Current Vehicle:F150, Explorer, 2012 Flex Limited w/EcoBoost

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:18 PM

Got my VIN today, but no one can tell me if it has a production date. Total time from order placed to VIN receipt is 7 wks, 3 days.
God I hope producing it doesn't take that long!

Monte

#22 OFFLINE   cosshog

cosshog

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 51 posts
  • Current Vehicle:harley

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:14 PM

Wow! That is a wait. At least you moving forward congrats.

#23 OFFLINE   Huskerrob89

Huskerrob89

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts
  • Current Vehicle:1998 F150

Posted 24 October 2011 - 06:14 AM

I'd suggest finding some additional patience.

Placed order with dealer on 1 Aug 2011, Got VIN and production scheduled week of 19 Sept. 2011. Week of 26 Sept 2011 Vehicle "intransit". As of today vehicle is still "intransit", 12 weeks and counting. To say the least this has not been a pleasant experience. We sold our "family car" a month ago in anticipation of the arrival of our new Flex.

#24 OFFLINE   Salty

Salty

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 3 posts
  • Current Vehicle:1994 STS

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:12 AM

I'm not trying to "top" Huskerrob89 but I ordered my Flex Titanium way back in April when the order book first opened but it didn't get built until 20 September. And even then it didn't get fully built as they didn't have carpets so she still sits somewhere waiting to get finished. It has been in a status of "waiting shipment" for a month now but I think that just means waiting to go back to the plant. Perhaps all Flexi built the week of 19 Sept were without carpet and are either "in transit" or "awaiting shipment" back to the plant? And Ford's ECD to get all Flexi carpeted is 28 Nov!

#25 OFFLINE   FordCustomerService

FordCustomerService

New Flex Member

• Official Ford Motor Co
  • 265 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:22 AM

Got my VIN today, but no one can tell me if it has a production date. Total time from order placed to VIN receipt is 7 wks, 3 days.
God I hope producing it doesn't take that long!...

Monte,

I confirmed that your Flex was scheduled and the VIN assigned. Drop me a line and Iíll forward you the latest status. :D

...Placed order with dealer on 1 Aug 2011, Got VIN and production scheduled week of 19 Sept. 2011. Week of 26 Sept 2011 Vehicle "intransit". As of today vehicle is still "intransit", 12 weeks and counting...

Welcome to the boards, Huskerrob89. :) Iím happy to look into your order if you send a PM with your VIN or order number & dealer name/dealer code.

I'm not trying to "top" Huskerrob89 but I ordered my Flex Titanium way back in April when the order book first opened but it didn't get built until 20 September. And even then it didn't get fully built as they didn't have carpets so she still sits somewhere waiting to get finished. It has been in a status of "waiting shipment" for a month now but I think that just means waiting to go back to the plant...

Salty,

I see that you sent me a PM on another forum. Iíll send you a reply with my research as soon as I can.

Cory

#26 OFFLINE   Huskerrob89

Huskerrob89

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:28 AM

Welcome to the boards, Huskerrob89. :) Iím happy to look into your order if you send a PM with your VIN or order number & dealer name/dealer code.

Cory
[/quote]

Cory,

Sent a PM with VIN and Dealer name - any help you can provide would be immensely appreciated.

Thanks,

#27 OFFLINE   Huskerrob89

Huskerrob89

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:32 PM

**UPDATE**
After asking the dealer the last couple of time whether or not the carpet issue could be a reason for the delay and a response of "we don't think so, or they'd surely tell us"; today get a call from the dealer noting they've received notice that due to the flooding some Ford production has been delayed or compromised as they look for, and certify, new carpet vendors. Of the vehicles effected the Flex production at the Oakville plant are one of them, later in the day dealer called again to confirm our VIN number is delayed due to the carpet and did not provide an ETA. While I'm still anxious to finally own our Flex, this has been the most frustrating, painful experience I've ever dealt with and I will forever regret the decsion we made in "ordering a vehicle" we should have delayed our purchase decision until something was available on the lot. Since starting this process we sold our "family car" as our new one was noted "in transit" and naturally would expect it to be delivered within a month, the $750 coupon we received in a brochure has expired and I fear will no longer be honored from other posts on this forum, it's likely now we'll be surviving on our "older" vehicle for much longer than anticipated based upon poor information provided by Ford and the dealer. Seriously how can they tell us within minutes and miles of where a $3 piece of mail is but yet when a $30,000 dollar vehicle is in question it's nothing more than shoulder shrugs. The receipt of our new vehicle will be anti-climatic at best. Hopefully I'm done venting for now - will try to update when we again receive information and accurate updates.

Monte, I don't want to bring you down - but also hope to make you more aware than what we were when we started this process.

Salty, please post if you get any new information.

#28 OFFLINE   FordCustomerService

FordCustomerService

New Flex Member

• Official Ford Motor Co
  • 265 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:21 AM

...Sent a PM with VIN and Dealer name - any help you can provide would be immensely appreciated...

You got it, Huskerrob89. I checked and saw that I received your PM. My inbox is a bit swamped at the moment so Iíll send a reply as soon as I can.

Cory

#29 OFFLINE   Salty

Salty

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 3 posts
  • Current Vehicle:1994 STS

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:21 PM

Huskerrob89

Still no "good' news from FORD and I was really upset when Zone dude suggested it probably wouldn't even be "first in, first out" in the processing status for carpeting of the incomplete inventory. Only real thing I have learned thru the "ordering process" is that to Ford, we are not their customer and they feel no obligation to even let us know basics information. The only customers Ford has, and the entity they try to satisfy, are the dealers.

I just posted the following on the other flex forum in response from a very satisfied Flex owner who encouraged me to stay the course. It's not a concern on the quality of the car, but it's the poor quality of the ordering process that upsets me and fellow "orderers" like you. I concur 100% in your comments and frustration and a lot of my late summer and fall travel plans have been put on fold awaiting delivery of the car. And if all ford processes are as bad as the "ordering process" there isn't much Ford can do now to satisfy me.

My other posting:

I was a Quality Engineer who made the transition to Total Quality Management after I first met Dr. Deming in 1982. I helped lead the transformation of a rather large military engineering/industrial facility into an award winning Quality Management focused organization before my retirement 10 years ago. I judge a business on it's total operation, not just the quality of the delivered product, but also by the quality and efficiency of all processes involved in the manufacture - from receipt of an order to followup on user satisfaction. I in my quest to find out any specifics relative to the delays in production of my order and what options would be presented to a customer I found nothing but FCF's -Ford Communication Firewalls. Calling their Customer Service lines is a total joke as was calling the Zone Manager, who in fact Ford CS told me to call if I wanted specifics. Again, I ordered a Flex in April and this Monday the Zone Manager told me he couldn't find out anything as to when the carpets would be installed in my order or if/when it would ever show up at my dealer. I will agree the Flex is a good, if not great, vehicle but Ford's focus on providing overall customer satisfaction with direct attention to the ordering process just plain SUCKS. No body has even said that they are sorry for the delay!

I'm sorry for my rant and I want to "hang on" but my confidence in their overall Quality Program can't get much lower. Ford is light years behind the likes of Nordstroms and COSTCO, and perhaps even Wal-Mart in the area of a real customer focused quality program.

Salty

#30 OFFLINE   FordCustomerService

FordCustomerService

New Flex Member

• Official Ford Motor Co
  • 265 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 05:38 AM

...I just posted the following on the other flex forum in response from a very satisfied Flex owner who encouraged me to stay the course. It's not a concern on the quality of the car, but it's the poor quality of the ordering process that upsets me and fellow "orderers" like you...

Salty,

I know the Customer Service Manager for your region is doing everything they can to help. Please let me know via PM if youíd like me to arrange a call before your next follow up.

Cory

#31 OFFLINE   cosshog

cosshog

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:53 AM

One month still no vin #.

Huskerrob89 and Salty please do not Hijack this post start your own complaint post or add something constructive please. this thread is about time frames for an order placed to update others as to current time frames for order.

#32 OFFLINE   FordCustomerService

FordCustomerService

New Flex Member

• Official Ford Motor Co
  • 265 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:12 AM

One month still no vin #...

cosshog,

I did a quick check on your order and found great news! I sent a PM with the details. :)

Cory

#33 OFFLINE   cosshog

cosshog

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:32 PM

. I have a vin #, only 4 weeks really not bad in my opinion it is the time frame I was expecting right in line with what my dealer told me.

Outstanding News Thanks Cory.

#34 OFFLINE   ball2205

ball2205

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 4 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Dark Blue Pearl Eco Boost Limited

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:31 PM

. I have a vin #, only 4 weeks really not bad in my opinion it is the time frame I was expecting right in line with what my dealer told me.

I just got my VIN#. Took just two weeks. NICE JOB Ford!!!

#35 OFFLINE   monte

monte

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 08:42 AM

Maybe my order was waiting for another Mineral Gray to come along before being built. :D Dealer told me yesterday I have an ETA of November 21. That's to the dealer. Seeing how my production date is November 7, that would extremely quick. I'm hoping my production date is actually sometime this week.

Monte

#36 OFFLINE   FordCustomerService

FordCustomerService

New Flex Member

• Official Ford Motor Co
  • 265 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:44 AM

You got it, cosshog! :D Itís only a matter of time before it goes into production.

I just got my VIN#. Took just two weeks. NICE JOB Ford!!!

Thatís great news, ball2205! Drop me a line via PM with your VIN (or your order number & dealer name/dealer code if itís easier) and Iíll keep track of the latest status. B)

Maybe my order was waiting for another Mineral Gray to come along before being built. :D Dealer told me yesterday I have an ETA of November 21. That's to the dealer. Seeing how my production date is November 7, that would extremely quick. I'm hoping my production date is actually sometime this week.

Monte

Monte,

I did a quick check on your order and confirmed itís on track. About 4-6 days before your Flex rolls off the line, youíll see that the URL: http://fordlabels.we...spx?vin=<Insert VIN Here> will update with the online window sticker.

Cory

#37 OFFLINE   ball2205

ball2205

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 4 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Dark Blue Pearl Eco Boost Limited

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:41 AM

Cory,

I have tried to PM you my VIN a couple of times. Did you get my message?

Tom

#38 OFFLINE   RedSled

RedSled

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 2 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Ecoboost Flex

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:57 AM

Ordered (deposit put down) on Aug 31st; took delivery yesterday, Nov. 2, of Limited w Ecoboost.
I got my VIN on Oct 28th.
It really seemed to take a long time but we are thrilled; dealer said there was a delay in production due to parts outage for the Ecoboost but I couldn't find anything online.
Good luck and happy sledding!

#39 OFFLINE   monte

monte

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:09 AM

Ordered (deposit put down) on Aug 31st; took delivery yesterday, Nov. 2, of Limited w Ecoboost.
I got my VIN on Oct 28th.
It really seemed to take a long time but we are thrilled; dealer said there was a delay in production due to parts outage for the Ecoboost but I couldn't find anything online.
Good luck and happy sledding!

Just for my own sanity, I really wish I could make sense of the scheduling process. I ordered the day before you did, and just two days ago was able to see my window sticker. Supposed to be produced Nov. 7. Limited w/EcoBoost

Monte

#40 OFFLINE   FordCustomerService

FordCustomerService

New Flex Member

• Official Ford Motor Co
  • 265 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:27 AM

...I have tried to PM you my VIN a couple of times. Did you get my message?...

Tom,

Iíve been a little swamped and there were a few messages before yours. I sent you a reply with some great news, so check your inbox for the details. :D

Just for my own sanity, I really wish I could make sense of the scheduling process....

Monte,

It has to do with each orderís options. The system combines the orders automatically and calculates the fastest overall shipping order. I did a quick check on your Flex and found it's still coming along smoothly. :)

Cory

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·