Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Update from "Not Too Happy Right Now"

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   kmiller

kmiller

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 15 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Ford Flex

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:51 AM

Here's an update on my situation - it ain't pretty. Cory and I have been in contact and he was going to refer me to Ford Customer Care. I had already went down that path and that was why I came here looking for help. Basically my new 2010 SEL Ecoboost has some major transmission issues - while accelerating it will sometimes lock up like someone has slammed on the brakes; it will have engine surges back and forth at higher speeds (the rpms go up and down even while on cruise control at 70mph), it will shut cruise control after these episodes; at a complete stop it will surge giving you the feeling of being bumped repeatedly from behind. After 5 repair attempts, Ford Customer Care determined they didn't want to put any more parts on since they can't identify the problem and sent it home with me 2 days ago. It had 3 "transmission meltdowns" yesterday - these incidents last any where from 30 seconds to several minutes. Unfortunately, you cannot make them happen on demand. I really don't know where to go from here. I don't think it is unreasonable to think that this is totally not acceptable on a new (10000 mi) $45000 vehicle. what would you do? Anyone had any of these same issues resolved? I have read of many similar cases on this and another flex forum. I am now documenting the exact when, what, where of each episode. Will do this until the beginning of the week. Maybe give Ford one more opportunity to make this right.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·