Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Thinking of buying a FLEX

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dchou4u

dchou4u

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 2 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Lexus

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:22 PM

I am thinking of buying a FLEX LIMITED without ecoboost, but I am worried about Ford reliability issues. If you had purchased a FLEX within the past few years, can you share your insight with me?
Is the remote start a good feature to purchase?

Thanks
Dennis

#2 OFFLINE   MaxiCooper

MaxiCooper

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 15 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Flex SEL

Posted 16 September 2011 - 05:37 PM

I am thinking of buying a FLEX LIMITED without ecoboost, but I am worried about Ford reliability issues. If you had purchased a FLEX within the past few years, can you share your insight with me?
Is the remote start a good feature to purchase?

Thanks
Dennis

What reliability issues do you speak of, specifically? Ford rates highly in many of the major indecies regarding quality and satisfaction. Certainly there should be no more concer about Ford's reliability versus any other car company. They are machines and therefore prone to a certain amount of failure.
Many times, I wonder how people who report having a lot if issues with their cars treat them and maintain them.
I haven't owned my Flex long enough to report on reliability in the long term. But I can attest to being satisfied with my dealer, purchase and the FLEX itself!
Happy motoring!

#3 OFFLINE   treeguy_01

treeguy_01

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 06:12 PM

I have had my '10 limited (non ecoboost) awd since may of 2010 and it now has 34000km/21000 miles and it has required a set of front brakes but the dealer took care of it. Other than that it's been great, we have the remote start which is nice especially when there is a thick layer of frost or snow. On weekends I tow a 20 foot boat (3500lbs) and have never had an issue, I have also towed on occasion a boat that pushes 5000lbs and it towed just fine. I would buy this vehicle all over again. I can pack the kids, dog and our luggage for the weekend tow the boat, be way more comfortable and still get better millage than my '99 f150 with no trailer

#4 OFFLINE   deub

deub

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 6 posts
  • Current Vehicle:FLEX 2011 AWD LMD

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:43 PM

After some researching, I see no reason for concerns with reliability. Note, by buying the optional maintenance/extended warranty offer for under 5k you can lock ALL (no fees for oil changes or periodic services) your costs for 100k miles or 7 years. I did it without hesitation. Don't forget that with 0% financing your locking in the labor and parts price to current rates too. Nice knowing too that I won't be exposed to any unexpected costs for next ~7 years. 0 % can't be beat, so use it to calm your reliability concerns and trim your routine maintenance costs.
  • bzbyh4 likes this

#5 OFFLINE   jacobmark999

jacobmark999

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:53 AM

Hi Friend,

You need not worry about its reliability. I have been using it since 2 years, its performance is quite satisfactory.

Jacob
used cars

#6 OFFLINE   Bonanzapilot

Bonanzapilot

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:45 PM

I am on my second FLEX - first '10 Limited AWD and drove it 30,000 miles - just traded for my '13 Limited AWD w/EcoBoost and Titanium trim - really liked the '10, love the '13!!

#7 OFFLINE   mmsstar

mmsstar

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 278 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2011 SE

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:19 PM

I will have 2 years on my SE in August. No real problems.

I got the remote start since the heated seats were not available.

#8 OFFLINE   bwaa

bwaa

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:ford f-150

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:29 PM

Definitely get the remote start. It's amazing technology.

Edited by bwaa, 20 May 2013 - 09:44 AM.

#9 OFFLINE   ACDII

ACDII

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 328 posts
  • Region:Decline

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:07 PM

I had a 2010 SEL EB, and regret getting rid of it to this day. The only issue I had was a front wheel bearing replaced under warranty, the brakes were weak, but new tougher pads would fix that.  Would I get another one? Ask me tomorrow night, there may be a 13 Limited EB with Titanium and 303A in my garage then.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·