Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Transmission hiss

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   surferdude

surferdude

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Flex

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:59 AM

Just got our 2009 flex a week and a day ago. Had it for a day or so and I heard a strange hiss sound coming from the drivers side of the vehicle, looked and sounded like it was coming from the tranny. Vehicle has just over 24,000 on it, so I just took it up to the ford dealer today for them to look at it. The transmission guy knew right away what it is, he said he had the same thing on a Lincoln. Now what I am looking at is they said they need to remove the transmission and disassemble to determine whether they are going to repair or replace? They weren't exactly sure what causes the sound though. Will keep posted when they do figure it out.

#2 OFFLINE   surferdude

surferdude

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:30 PM

Just got my flex back about a week ago they performed an update on the transmission cooler lines to address the fluid resonation noise. Vehicle still has the noise I talked to service and they told me that this is a normal characteristic for this vehicle? Totally different story than originally told, now I have the vehicle at a different dealership for further evaluation.

#3 OFFLINE   Earnhardtfan

Earnhardtfan

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Duramax

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:04 PM

Think my wife's is doing the same thing. Very interested to see what the other dealership says. I want to get thru the holidays before I bring it in to the stealership.

#4 OFFLINE   mardi

mardi

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Flex

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:29 PM

Just got my flex back about a week ago they performed an update on the transmission cooler lines to address the fluid resonation noise. Vehicle still has the noise I talked to service and they told me that this is a normal characteristic for this vehicle? Totally different story than originally told, now I have the vehicle at a different dealership for further evaluation.

I have a high pitch sound coming from my new 2012 Flex. Took it to the dealer. I was told it was coming from the fuel pump and that it was made that way. No help from Ford customer service.

#5 OFFLINE   FordCustomerService

FordCustomerService

New Flex Member

• Official Ford Motor Co
  • 265 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:46 AM

...Vehicle still has the noise I talked to service and they told me that this is a normal characteristic for this vehicle?...

Think my wife's is doing the same thing...

Iím sorry I missed this thread before, surferdude & Earnhardtfan. Iím checking in to see if youíre still hearing the noise. If so, please drop me a line via PM.

I have a high pitch sound coming from my new 2012 Flex. Took it to the dealer. I was told it was coming from the fuel pump and that it was made that way...

mardi,

I want to reach out and offer to help by forwarding the details to the Customer Service Manager in your region. For me to do that, please send a PM with your contact information, VIN, approximate mileage, and dealer name/state.

Cory

Edited by FordCustomerService, 27 February 2012 - 10:51 AM.

#6 OFFLINE   surferdude

surferdude

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:39 AM

got my vehicle back from the second dealership and they said that Ford knows about this problem but there is not yet a fix for it yet?! NOT really buying into all of this initially they told me that it needed rebuilt or replaced, because they ran into this in a Lincoln vehicle once before, They rebuilt the trans put it back in and had the same noise then they put in a crate tranny and the noise went away. Really I am not really sure they know what they are doing hope someone comes up with a straight answer from Ford.
'

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·